Author Topic: Bulletin awareness/Financial thoughts  (Read 6081 times)

njpatera

• MSN Messenger - pateraclass@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Bulletin awareness/Financial thoughts
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2019, 04:59:33 AM »
Initial post...I attempted to redirect the thread to the original thought, yet someone continued to banter. No apologies, I got it. Again, you missed the part of “we buy.” Arguing doesn’t help and your’re still in a financial hole...congratulations on another member being spoken to like—————————.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2019, 06:57:30 AM by njpatera »
Regards,
Noah

'54 Darrin
'55 Victoria
'56 Victoria
-'59 Galaxie/Fairlane Convert.
'61 Falcon 2dr wagon
-'62 Galaxie 500XL Convertible

Member #5954
The Nifty Fifties NE Ohio
Drummer: Moving in Stereo, Cleveland’s Tribute to The CARS

Corsairdeluxe

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2019, 11:15:14 AM »
Participation on this forum requires a degree of "correctness" to which a lot of us have grown tired .
Jim Brown aka Corsairdeluxe
10 Henrys and 1 ALLSTATE
behind me. J less at the moment and having irrational thoughts.

Bulletin Editor

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2019, 01:52:35 PM »
Initial post...I attempted to redirect the thread to the original thought, yet someone continued to banter. No apologies, I got it. Again, you missed the part of “we buy.” Arguing doesn’t help and your’re still in a financial hole...congratulations on another member being spoken to like—————————.

What do you think requires an apology? * And why do you think selling SWAG is the answer to the financial problem? * Please give direct & relevant answers.
Barbara Mueller
1952 Henry J Corsair deLuxe
KFOCI Secretary  secretary@kfclub.com
Bulletin Editor  bulletin@kfclub.com

rjbruins

• ICQ Messenger - 10665
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2019, 05:26:33 AM »
I would like to thank Barbra, and all the rest of the club officers for the fine job they all do for our club and the countless hours they put in to achieve this. That said it seems some people who use this forum only like to stir up discord among us, please don't  ruin the club for everyone that enjoys it. It's easy to hid behind a keyboard and post damaging remarks, sometimes more wisdom is shown by keeping quiet. I don't post very often, but read the forum daily. Thank-you for reading, have a good day

Corsairdeluxe

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2019, 07:08:11 AM »
A good and needed posting.
Jim Brown aka Corsairdeluxe
10 Henrys and 1 ALLSTATE
behind me. J less at the moment and having irrational thoughts.

flamingchariots

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2019, 09:55:03 AM »
A good and needed posting.

To which posting are you referring? 

njpatera

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2019, 10:57:24 AM »
Lol...obviously they are not referring to the initial post that was offering an idea...so they shoot the messenger even when clarified. The unfortunate status quo only means the club will end. So what are your ideas?

By the way, thank you to all the messages I received referencing they read the initial post with complete comprehension and clearly understood the idea to help in this matter. I can see why there is a deep divide in the group now...and no I did not stir any pot. I give clear rebuttal. If you take it as stirring the pot, well then, it’s your issue not mine. Not hiding behind a keyboard either. Simply offered a suggestion in the initial post. If the powers that be that make the decisions do not want to entertain, take up or act on an idea that is fine by me. If silencing or censoring ideas and members is your idea, then enjoy.

When you focus on a single word in a post that is clarified and given an additional meaning; and not the issue and suggestion for assistance offered, then there clearly is a problem in dealing with the overall issue...I have not seen a post on this thread of alternative ideas either!

Finally, here is the quote from the initial post in which I use the word “buy” meaning ‘to purchase’ 2x in order to help potentially raise money to offset the financial hole...
“Would it be possible for the powers that be look into offering official T-shirts, hats, key chains, hoodies with the club logos or KF and Willy’s pics on them. We buy, club makes money on the purchases. Many of us can’t make it to National meets, but would love to buy Swag and help advertise KF when not able to get the cars out there...”

...so, feel to bash me, knit pick words, or the idea...the financial hole remains! Or offer up your idea🤔
« Last Edit: October 12, 2019, 12:18:08 PM by njpatera »
Regards,
Noah

'54 Darrin
'55 Victoria
'56 Victoria
'61 Falcon 2dr wagon

Member #5954

DTort96646

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2019, 03:09:34 PM »
The idea I have is let's all relax and agree everyone has gotten their point across. Thank you all for your input.

MarkH

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2019, 06:11:49 PM »
After following this thread from the beginning I'd like to add one more opinion. Being an associate member I did not get the bulletin mentioned, so am not privy to any club budget expenditures/shortfall/info except for this thread.

Going out on a limb here from what I see elsewhere with print media, print media & delivery must be expensive. For instance, the local newspaper used to be quite thick, and cost a dime for the daily, now $1.50 for a third of what it used to be. I recently saw a New Yorker magazine for the first time in ages, cover price was either $7 or $9...…….I was flabbergasted. Naturally subscriptions are always cheaper than cover prices but you can see where this is going.

I still request paper billing for monthly expenses, most companies now charge me $2 to $5 per month for this "perk".

Not being loaded with cash it pains me to say this but firstly, the "Associate" membership is priced too cheap. My other suggestions are to divide the full membership into two tiers, one priced for the digital version only of the bulletin, the other priced for members who prefer the print & mailed version. Calendars on a "pre order" basis only for any member, due by the deadline for timely printing.

The club officers can crunch the numbers for the different levels, and it wouldn't be a sin to have a bit of cushion in there for the stability of club coffers. Anyone disgruntled by the reality of print expenses probably isn't going to be happy about anything else to correct the budget shortfall either.

One thing that's been mentioned before is that the club CD is becoming dated technology. For example, my household has 3 laptops & two tablets, only the oldest laptop has a CD drive. At some point the CD info is going to need to be on a flash drive to be accessible to anyone, which can be pretty cheap, but not as cheap as a stack of CDs. Yet another expense that should be calculated into the full membership.
Fully restored '54 Aero Lark
Rusty '58 Austin Healey 100-Six
Barely running'74 Chevelle Malibu

Roadmaster49

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2019, 08:12:50 PM »
Mark. Lots of good ideas in that post.  Maybe have the calendar available as you suggest for an extra cost for a couple of years.
No old cars owned.

Bulletin Editor

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2019, 04:39:57 PM »
At some point the CD info is going to need to be on a flash drive

It had been considered, unfortunately the newest laptops don't have USB ports so that is no longer an option.
Barbara Mueller

njpatera

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2019, 07:54:48 PM »
If they don’t have a usb-a they must have a usb-c. A simple adapter is required. If not the majority have an SD slot.
Regards,
Noah

'54 Darrin
'55 Victoria
'56 Victoria
'61 Falcon 2dr wagon

Member #5954

Bulletin Editor

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2019, 08:12:22 PM »
Can a SD card hold 1gb of data? Every search I did refers only to # photos, nothing about text files.
Barbara Mueller

njpatera

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2019, 08:24:33 PM »
Sure can...You can get up to 2TB micro cards and 1tb sd and the transfer rate is quicker. Reduce it to a Zip file to compress.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2019, 08:51:28 PM by njpatera »
Regards,
Noah

'54 Darrin
'55 Victoria
'56 Victoria
'61 Falcon 2dr wagon

Member #5954

MarkH

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2019, 08:59:21 PM »
At some point the CD info is going to need to be on a flash drive

It had been considered, unfortunately the newest laptops don't have USB ports so that is no longer an option.

Well, I was stumped by this but now I'm going to bring in a "ringer" here.

I've got a couple grandsons that's been hanging around this weekend (twins & HS seniors) that work at Best Buy summers & weekends. One in computers, one in TV's. Over dinner I asked them about this and they say that standard USB (A) ports are still on most new computers, except for a few of the very thin laptop models, and those have the USB "C" ports. USB C is supposed to be the latest, greatest & fastest port type for smart phones, computers, chargers & TV's and will at some point (supposedly) replace the type we now usually think of and become a "universal" connector.

They also showed me inexpensive adaptors already on the market to allow USB A flash drives to plug into USB C ports, as well as flash drives with the USB C type plug. So it seems the flash drive & USB port is sticking around, just with a different plug type.

Fully restored '54 Aero Lark
Rusty '58 Austin Healey 100-Six
Barely running'74 Chevelle Malibu