Author Topic: Nice '51 Deluxe on Ebay  (Read 2203 times)

konrad

• View Profile
    • Email
Nice '51 Deluxe on Ebay
« on: February 13, 2021, 02:10:30 AM »
Note:  thread title altered as the vehicle is a Kaiser Deluxe, not a Fazer Manhattan, as Jack was kind enough to point out...and yes, I still have a lot to learn about the history of these cars.

However, I have been going back and forth with the seller, updating him with info...he's recently attempted to send me the engine compartment vin plate, but the pic was too blurry and I've asked for a better one, also for the plate on the driver's door...so a better placement of of this Deluxe can be described in the production cycle from '51.

Looks good inside, needs new paint on the outside, a ding or two on the stainless along the sides...see the listing for pics...have an independent inspection done if you can't go look at it yourself.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1951-Kaiser-Manhattan-4-Door-Sedan/274656485275?hash=item3ff2cd5f9b:g:WiYAAOSwUk5gDfYs

Talked to the guy who has it listed tonight, it was a really good talk...he's mostly interested in getting it into the hands of someone who will appreciate it for its history and styling and he is willing to work with a potential buyer.  Current reserve is $7500, he asked me what I thought about value and I said probably closer to $6000 is about the market value range.

At any rate, he said, basically, make him an offer and if agreeable, he'll change the auction to a buy it now price for that amount.  His phone number is in the description, his name is Chris...seems to me he's an easy dog to hunt with.  :D

Car will be relisted soon if anyone here has interest in it...
« Last Edit: February 21, 2021, 03:46:37 PM by konrad »
51 Kaiser Deluxe

konrad

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Nice '51 Manhattan on Ebay
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2021, 03:52:06 AM »
Reserve on this has been reduced to $5850, per the person listing it.  The seller just wants to move it at this point, as he needs cash to move on to his next project.  Note, the person listing it is not the owner, but is helping the seller move it.
51 Kaiser Deluxe

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2021, 08:49:44 PM »
The car in the photo is a 1951 Kaiser Deluxe not a 1951 Kaiser Manhattan.  In my opinion, that's a big sign that the person has no idea what he or she is trying to sell. 

konrad

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2021, 10:40:07 AM »
Thanks Jack, I've informed the seller.  My guess is he's just going by what the owner has told him.
51 Kaiser Deluxe

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2021, 04:48:24 PM »
Konrad, you've hit on a major problem with on-line sales no matter what make of car or truck you are talking about.  More and more civil court cases have reversed sales of vehicles with sellers having to refund the selling price because of mis-representation where the "that's what the owner told me" defense is made even though used vehicle sales are often considered as-is and where-is transactions.  In recent years auction companies have de-listed vehicles signed up for sale at an auction because the owner could not prove claims made about the vehicle.  "That's what I was told by the person I bought it from" doesn't hold weight in KFOCI judging as well unless the car owner has some type of good factory documentation to support it.

konrad

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2021, 01:20:39 PM »
Very good information to know.

And I now recognize my error given the 51 Manhattan was a Frazer badged vehicle, not a Kaiser...
51 Kaiser Deluxe

konrad

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Nice '51 Deluxe on Ebay
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2021, 02:09:36 AM »
Now correctly relisted as a '51 Deluxe with a lower, buy it now price.  He'd likely take $5500, maybe even less for it if offered...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1951-Kaiser-Deluxe/274687523935?hash=item3ff4a6fc5f:g:WiYAAOSwUk5gDfYs
51 Kaiser Deluxe

r1lark

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2021, 04:56:17 PM »
Purely my personal observation - if it were mine, I'd take the windshield visor off. It hides one of the important (and probably the first to be noticed by non-K-F fans) design aspects of the car.
Paul
Winston-Salem NC
Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at:  www.studebakerskytop.com

Bob G

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2021, 03:22:45 PM »
Very nice looking and good condition car!
'54 Kaiser Special
'64 Studebaker GT Hawk

konrad

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2021, 08:00:34 PM »
SWEEEEEETTTT!!!

Another Kaiser saved...car has been sold, hopefully to someone who will cherish it.

Personally I'm chaffing at the bit to get mine out of storage for some driving about the countryside.  Let's hope we'll have somewhere to drive to this season...
51 Kaiser Deluxe

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2021, 10:25:20 PM »
If you really want to push your luck, you can come for a visit.

The directions from almost anywhere are easy.  In your case, get on Interstate 90 at any of the Madison WI ramps going west.  At the 90/94 split, stay on 90 west and keep going for about the next 2800 miles or so.  I-90 rolls west to Seattle but before you get there, exit West Washington State Highway 18.  While 18 ends at Interstate 5, the road keeps going.  The road becomes 348th street going west.  Stay on that road which meanders a little past the Olympic Swimming Pool, the Twin Lakes Post Office and changes names as it wanders a bit but keep going.  It will take you into Tacoma, in fact it will take you to where Barbara and I live.  the first FOUR-WAY STOP SIGN intersection you hit is at a corner where there is a Tacoma WA police sub-station (SE corner) and and overlook where you'll see the huge cranes at the Port of Tacoma (SW corner).  At that intersection, turn right (North/Northeast) to the first driveway.  We live in Norpoint Village (4301 Norpoint Way NE) unit 16-D.  If you arrive before 9AM or after 5 PM the gates will be locked but we can let you in if you call us.  If you call when you get to the Seattle area, I can open the garage door and you can't miss the green HJ with the continental tire kit. 

When we drove the route in 2015 overnights were in Mitchell SD, Rapid City SD, Billings Montana and Spokane WA and we would get home mid to late afternoon on the 5th day of traveling.  Phone Number for Barbara is listed in Monthly Bulletin and Quarterly within the Officers Information. 

konrad

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2021, 02:29:38 AM »
I thank you for the invitation sir, but I think I'd need another season of driving Betsy to feel comfortable traveling anywhere near that type of distance in her.  :)

We are hoping to take the lake Michigan ferry and drive to the 2022 national though.  :)
51 Kaiser Deluxe

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2021, 01:05:40 PM »
GOOD!

Barbara and I are planning on being in Jackson MI.  If the Detroit Public Library is running normally by then I want to do some digging in the special collections department if my "pass" is still good as well as another private collection in the Jackson MI area if they are open as well (No, it's NOT the Ypsilanti Automotive Heritage Collection).