Author Topic: KF Restoration Guidelines  (Read 11922 times)

HJ-ETEX

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: KF Restoration Guidelines
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2010, 06:23:55 PM »
2) it's my car and I will do what I want
That is really what it is all about. You could have a known classic car (known meaning that a celebrity owned it) in which case altering it would be a bad thing to the value of the car. But KF made around 810,000 (out of about 830,000) cars that were regular, mundane 4 dr cars.
Actually there are some guidelines for judging and since you didn't make a major body modification like chopping the top or cutting the car into a pickup and you didn't change the engine to a non-KF engine, your car would be judged in the appropriate stock class.
KFOCI VP 2001-2005
1951 Kaiser Deluxe /327 Chevy
1951 Kaiser Deluxe (no funny stuff)
1968 Kaiser Commando V6
1961 Willys 2WD 134 F-Head SW
1963 Kaiser FC170

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2010, 08:32:42 PM »
I agree completly with WE HAVE NO GUIDELINES.  The current program is flawed and my efforts to see things resolved (especially considering the legal implications of people putting guesses down on paper as actual restoration detail, as is the case with the new stuff) have been ignored.  That is why I want nothing to do with the current effort until the various issues I discussed with Mike Knittel earlier in the year get resolved by the management of the club.

As far as rerouting the fuel line, etc, goes, owing the the changing formulations of gas and the trade-offs incurred we need to take this into account or nobody will ever drive a K-F product again.  Of course, nobody doing the "restoration guidellines" thought about such things!

Logan

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: October 23, 2010, 10:51:59 AM »
After all Kaiser realized the problem and rerouted the lines in 52 and again in 53 to keep the gas cool.

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: October 24, 2010, 05:47:14 PM »
The rerouting of the fuel lines was to help reduce the possibility of vapor lock, but that got shattered when the EPA began bolixing up gas formulas to the point where even new cars vapor lock (a 40 degree temp variation in the engine compartment of a Saturn SUV can cause evaporation of fuel in the fuel rail;  I was part of the group that worked on the problem).