Author Topic: Manhattan Club Coupe  (Read 1591 times)

Logan

• View Profile
    • Email
Manhattan Club Coupe
« on: December 15, 2010, 12:30:02 PM »
I was browsing the internet today and found this page http://www.cadvision.com/blanchas/ID-Cars/KaiserFrazerModels3.html which says that there was a 52 Manhattan Club Coupe offered.  Were these actually made?  For some reason I was under the impression that club coupes were only offered in the Deluxe line.  It would be interesting to know if any are still around if they do actually exist.

Gordie

• MSN Messenger - gordies1@verizon.net
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Gordie
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Manhattan Club Coupe
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2010, 02:03:10 PM »
Club coupes were offered in 1951 on the Deluxe series and on the Manhattans for 1952.  Kaiser Frazer advertising claimed that they were available on the cheaper series for both years also but none have survived if there were ever any made.  They did offer a business coupe on the lower priced series and some of the owners or dealers ordered back seats for them but they did not come from the factory that way.  The '51 coupes are scarce and the '52's even more rare.  The registry lists all of the known survivors.  There was a beautiful blue '52 Manhattan club coupe at a recent Hershey meet belonging to one of our members.  Because the 1951 coupes came out later in the year many of them were equipped with Hydramatic.  Jack Mueller donated a beautiful '51 business coupe to the Ypsilanti Heritage Museum and you can view it there.
Member #3151 Since June 1974
Vice President K.F.O.C.I. 2013-2017  President 2018-2019
'47 Graham Paige Frazer                                   
'51 Kaiser Deluxe club coupe       
'51 Kaiser customized convertible 
'52 Allstate serial#39
'53 Aero Eagle
'54 Aero Eagle Custom

Logan

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2010, 02:12:21 PM »
Wow, thanks, didn't know.  I'd like to see that 52 Manhattan club coupe.

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2010, 07:39:34 PM »
For 1951-52 Virginian programs, there were Kaiser Special Business Coupes and Kaiser Deluxe Club Coupes;  Special Club Coupe and Deluxe Business Coupes were in the order information but factory figures indicate none were produced.  For 1952 regular series (deLuxe as base line series, Manhattan top end series) there were only Kaiser Manhattan Club Coupes produced.  Other variations were in ordering information for factory figures show none were produced.