Author Topic: 49 Virginian on eBay  (Read 10857 times)

KWZ

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: 49 Virginian on eBay
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2011, 10:11:25 AM »
I'm trying to figure out how to post photos from myu photos folder on my desktop and it is not going well....   ???  Hopefully I can make this work. 
'48 Kaiser Special
'49 Kaiser Virginian
'51 Frazer Manhattan convertible

Fid

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2011, 12:29:15 PM »
Well you got out of Minnesota at the right time! We really got nailed with snow yesterday.  To post photos, first they must be uploaded to a host site.  www.shutterfly.com is a good one that's free.  Or, if your online service allows you space, as most do, then upload them.  After they're hosted on the net, it's a matter of using the "Insert Picture" feature and post the URL, or link, to the photo in.
I'm glad that car found a good home. I think it's the 3rd hardtop to turn up in Northern MN in as many years.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2011, 09:15:25 PM by Fid »
1953 Henry J Corsair Deluxe
Edgar Kaiser's custom 1951 Henry J
1951 Kaiser Special
1952 Allstate Deluxe

Need your classic car radio repaired? I repair vacuum tube radios

KWZ

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2011, 02:10:43 PM »
Well you got out of Minnesota at the right time! We really got nailed with snow yesterday.  To post photos, first they must be uploaded to host sited.  www.shutterfly.com is a good one that' free.  Or, if your online service allows you space, as most do, then upload them.  After they're hosted on the net, it's a matter of using the "Insert Picture" feature and post the URL, or link, to the photo in.
I'm glad that car found a good home. I think it's the 3rd hardtop to turn up in Northern MN in as many years.

You're right about the weather!  We had smooth sailing the whole way up and back.  I'm getting some help on posting the pics.  I'm doing some minor work to the car.  It has a '49-'50 Frazer hood ornament.  I have already purchased an NOS '49 Kaiser ornanment from Rudy.  The car has had one excellent re-spray in the original Polar Gray, but it needs a few minor touch-ups. The prior owner pulled the engine and replaced seals and painted it about 20 years ago...  unfortunately he painted the oil filter cannister, oil fill cap, and generator bracket green while he was at it.  All minor stuff, but it will detail out to be a very nice original car....
'48 Kaiser Special
'49 Kaiser Virginian

custom

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2011, 06:31:56 PM »

'48 Kaiser Custom
'49 Kaiser Vagabond

Logan

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2011, 11:44:43 PM »
Custom, I saw your picture in the corner of the Virginian pics here, and thought you had bought another car--your wife really WOULD be upset!  Nice car, looks very good.

Jim B PEI

• People want simple answers, even if they are wrong
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2011, 09:58:44 AM »
Slightly surprised that a top of the line car like a 49/50 Virginian didn't have power windows, even those hydraulic ones. Just seems odd. Its a beauty, though
KF
49 Kaiser Special Glass Green, Saskatchewan new
Studebaker
64 2dr 170-6 auto Astra White Commander Special
63 4dr Wagonaire 259V8 o/d Blue
57 4dr 185-6 auto Glendale Green/Turquoise
57 4dr 185-6 o/d Glendale Green/Turquoise W6 clone
lawn art
57 Stude 259V8 auto. 56 Panhard

KWZ

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2011, 11:10:21 AM »
Slightly surprised that a top of the line car like a 49/50 Virginian didn't have power windows, even those hydraulic ones. Just seems odd. Its a beauty, though

You're right, it is sort of a "base" Virginian.  Cloth interior, no vacuum windows.  The only real options on the car are the skirts and radio, but I have never seen a Virginian delivered without skirts.  I had a 51F hardtop with vacuum windows.  I am not going to miss them. 
'48 Kaiser Special
'49 Kaiser Virginian

custom

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2011, 01:02:29 PM »
More pictures of KWZ Virginian

'48 Kaiser Custom
'49 Kaiser Vagabond

Fid

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2011, 02:32:48 PM »
That's a beauty
1953 Henry J Corsair Deluxe
Edgar Kaiser's custom 1951 Henry J
1951 Kaiser Special
1952 Allstate Deluxe

Need your classic car radio repaired? I repair vacuum tube radios

Jim B PEI

• People want simple answers, even if they are wrong
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2011, 04:58:02 PM »
I had also forgotten that the Virginian had the larger 3 piece window. Seals and glass must be made of Unobtainium, much harder to find than 54-55 Manhattan!! Bare bones indeed--quite a LOT fancier than my 49 Special with its heater, lighter, and...that's right, no other options of any sort! Again, its sinfully gorgeous. What a find. With a near factory pristine car such as that, the few details of wrong colour paint and such are easily fixed. I do not think I have seen as nice a(n original) cloth interior since seeing pictures of the Fideler Frazer a few years back.
KF
49 Kaiser Special Glass Green, Saskatchewan new
Studebaker
64 2dr 170-6 auto Astra White Commander Special
63 4dr Wagonaire 259V8 o/d Blue
57 4dr 185-6 auto Glendale Green/Turquoise
57 4dr 185-6 o/d Glendale Green/Turquoise W6 clone
lawn art
57 Stude 259V8 auto. 56 Panhard

KWZ

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2011, 05:32:01 PM »
I had also forgotten that the Virginian had the larger 3 piece window. Seals and glass must be made of Unobtainium, much harder to find than 54-55 Manhattan!! Bare bones indeed--quite a LOT fancier than my 49 Special with its heater, lighter, and...that's right, no other options of any sort! Again, its sinfully gorgeous. What a find. With a near factory pristine car such as that, the few details of wrong colour paint and such are easily fixed. I do not think I have seen as nice a(n original) cloth interior since seeing pictures of the Fideler Frazer a few years back.

Thanks! The car is in the shop right now getting a few minor details sorted before the big Concours here in St. Louis on Easter Sunday.  Basically we're replacing anything petrified in the brakes/suspension, giving her a tune-up, and installing the correct Kaiser hood ornament.  We're also adressing a few minor issues with the exterior paint ( a couple minor masking/sanding scratch issues) and correcting the paint colors in the engine compartment.  Sorry for the pictures with the shadow of my finger in every one... if something cannot be repaired with a wrench, I probably do not know how to operate it..... :)
'48 Kaiser Special
'49 Kaiser Virginian

Midwestradios

• View Profile
    • the Midwest Radio Museum
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2011, 09:05:44 PM »
Glad you got the car, it's a beauty! I told the seller I would be interested if the buyer did not come through.
Mike Simpson #1339

KWZ

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2011, 10:31:24 AM »
I really took a leap of faith on this car.  I did not receive any additional pictures beyond the ones in the Ebay listing.  The price was double what I had anticipated paying for a "driver" Virginian.  I told the seller that I would bid on the car contingent on it being as represented.  When I walked into his shop and saw it for the first time, I swear I nearly fainted. 

I know I could not restore a Virginian to this standard for twice as much as I paid for the car.  Our '51F convertible cost a fortune to restore, but this car has the unmistakable feel of an original car.  Everything is tight and the doors shut with a quiet "click".  The car does not appear to have ever been smoked in- the lighters and ashtrays are unused.  The documents provided with the car verify the mileage at 11,800.  I hope to get this thing to the next KFOCI National held in the midwest....  any idea when and where that will be? 
'48 Kaiser Special
'49 Kaiser Virginian

FrazerWill

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2011, 04:15:53 PM »
It would Be great to have you bring it to the Nat's in San Diego, Ca. this June/July. 2011

joefrazer

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2011, 05:18:42 PM »
The 2012 Meet will be in Tennessee, near Knoxville. 2013 is scheduled for Shipshewanna, Indiana with a sidebar to the Red Barns show in Michigan.