Author Topic: 1952 Willys Aero-Ace 2-door in FL  (Read 1748 times)

ssenter

• View Profile
    • Email
1952 Willys Aero-Ace 2-door in FL
« on: January 11, 2012, 11:59:35 PM »
Here's an unusual find.  2-door looks to be in good shape.  Here's the web link, I'm not sure what the minimum bid is...but its been on this site for a while, and keeps getting relisted.

http://www.autobidmaster.com/carfinder-online-auto-auctions/lot/29472971/COPART_1952_WILLY_AERO-ACE_CERTIFICATE_OF_TITLE_FT._PIERCE_FL/

I don't know anything else about the vehicle, just passing it along...

Scott
Klamath Falls, OR

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: 1952 Willys Aero-Ace 2-door in FL
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2012, 06:07:10 AM »
I can see several reasons why there are no takers on this car.  First, either the auction company or the vehicle owner is misrepresenting the vehicle offered.  The car, according to the listing's own information is a KA2 type, which is an Aero Willys Lark, not the top-line Ace.  The picture support this in that there is no 3-piece rear window, the engine is an L-head 6 rather than an F-head, and the appearance of the dashboard. 

Second, while it looks nice in the photo (but looks can be decieving) it's been repainted a color not normal for one of these cars, and the interior (based on the photos again) does not look original.  It may be a nice car, but not worth anywhere near the figure they show the vehicle is worth (17,000 USD). 

Third, I tried to contact the auction company to ask about the incorrect listing, and there is no way to reach them by email.  In fact, if you go through the whole site, you will find that you are NOT dealing with owner or auction company here, but rather something that seems to be to be an automotive version of PayPal in that they will handle bidding and take a commission (there are almost 500 dollars in auction company fees attached to this thing at minimum bid).