Author Topic: Darrin seat buckle  (Read 1847 times)

kdar353

• View Profile
Darrin seat buckle
« on: June 04, 2012, 03:49:10 PM »
HELP!!!!! Would anyone have a stray seat belt buckle (1) (Darrin)? Anyone know what aircraft these buckles came from or the company? Any help appreciated.
Darrin #353

kaiservagabond

• MSN Messenger - kvagabond@geusnet.com
    • View Profile
Re: Darrin seat buckle
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2012, 10:32:06 AM »
Will look at mine this pm, and let you know who made these belts. and will get back to you, Kdar353.

Kvagabond

kaiservagabond

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2012, 04:18:01 PM »
Well, I bombed out on this one.  I looked at both of my belts and there is nothing to read on either tag.  It's all faded out.  All I find is the following:
On the buckle itself: TK-810 & TK820 MFG For Superior Ind., Van Nuys, Ca.  So with that  took the measurements and both the left and the right are the same length.  The short side is 22" L & the long side is 31" L.  And they are 2" wide.  Mine are a medium brown but what does that mean except that my carpet is tan or light brown.

Hope this will be of some help. Richard

kdar353

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2012, 05:55:27 PM »
Thanks,
I appreciate the reply and it verifyies my parts. Have you any idea where I might come up with belting? I have tried very hard to get some of these companies to sell me material to no avail. Keep me in mind as you hear "stuff" related to this issue. I would like very much to get them back to operatioal status.
Bill #353

kaiservagabond

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2012, 09:15:22 PM »
Hello again KDAR353.. I was talking to a Darrin owner this afternoon and he said A Darrin owner stood up at one of the past Nationals and showed every one at the breakfast his seat belts.  He stated that they was original.  However, he doesn't remember his name only what he looked like.  Maybe if he sees this he'll respond with an answer and a description of our belts.  I've ordered belts from different vender's over the year and with exception of the buckle they are pretty much all the same.  I'll open the box for some help on this one.  The belts in my car appear to have been replace back in 1987 when it was restored. They took some belts? cut them off wrapped them around the anchor plates and had them sewed together. So in all probability my belts are wrong.  We'll see.  Still working on them.
Richard