Author Topic: Kaiser Dragon Forum  (Read 28120 times)

G.B. (All Vinyl Dragon)

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Kaiser Dragon Forum
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2012, 12:03:26 PM »
Test, Any other Dragon topic's ... Its been a bit from when I got Here...
Research on All Vinyl Dragons & Dragon List.
G.B. Bonham LM  K.F.O.C. Club.
Also: Vintage Electronics, TV, Stereo, Radio, & Broadcasting.
Looking for Kaye Halbert TV, 27 inch screen mid 50's
made in Culver City, Calif.

dusty

• MSN Messenger - mr_blueberry30@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2012, 06:45:15 PM »
GB, The latest on the all vinyl Dragon that took GOLD at San Diego. after many members young and old trying to figure out WHY THE D---car ran so badly we went thru the ign. carb etc. again. finally found the problem !! the stock air cleaner looked great from the outside BUT the horse hair stuff on the inerds was caked with hard dried oil and dirt. and would not clean up. with it in place it would run kind of , but so rich it would die. my fix i used the same paper air cleaner that was used on the tow motor fork lift with the L-226  and the AMC Plymouth,Nash Hudson etc.  I modified the inside of the stock air cleaner and now its quiet runs down the road  and still looks stock. the NAPA # IS FIL2110

boatingbill

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2012, 09:15:25 PM »
FYI.
Carb cleaner works great on this type of problem. It will remove old gunk easily after several
applications. I don't know if the new carb cleaner works as well as the old (it was powerful
stuff), but it's worth a try. Clean the unit off the car because this stuff may discolor paint etc.

stroker70

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2012, 05:46:25 PM »
Dusty, I would appreciate a picture of your air cleaner modification as I may want to do the same on my Dragon.

dusty

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2012, 08:32:00 PM »
your MarieNichols Laguna  cloth is made to order in YOUR yardage requirementadd 1/3 to the order to do the tuck & roll. There is Very limited requests as there wasn't that many Dragons made to expend money to stock the material in quanity. the colors were BLACK, MAROON GREEN AND BLUE . I had supplied SMS with the positive and negative to make NEW SILK SCREENS and Doug Pollack has DUPLICATED THE WEAVE AND TEXTURE IN THE CLOTH MATERIAL AND THE COLOR IS DEAD ON TO ORIGINAL.  A special note the owner of SMS Doug Pollack had owned a 53 Dragon and Darrin along with a 57 ford retractable hardtop, took them to EUROPE TO SELL TO FINANCE HIS TRIP. The ford sold, the DRAGON sold and he had to bring the Darrin back. One of our members is the present owner of the Darrin -----so Doug has a soft spot for our KAISER'S FRAZERS ETC.         Richard Hansen #3719 

dusty

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2012, 08:38:44 PM »
Green Dragon Larry Rodkey has a frosted Holly Green Dragon  Larry lives in Elk Grove Ca. both his and my Green Dragon were at the San Diego national, it was said that it was the first time EVER that there were TWINS at a meet

dusty

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2012, 09:15:52 PM »
in 12/18/2008 Harold Hagen published a list of Dragons and it appears there were 21 with the code 5312  and who had them and what state. there is a code as to the condition of the car ie. tbr to be restored--hb has been--J junked---gmr ??    hagans web   www.eskimo.com/

G.B. (All Vinyl Dragon)

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2012, 12:16:33 PM »
Dusty,

Hi , I wanted to Update on this subject.  This is for K.F. Nationals Only... In July 1981 Wichita We had 2- All Vinyl Dark Green 099/5312...  We had 3 at a Meet in St. Louis in 1986. 2 like mine & 1- Ivory 106/5311 like Johnsons. Then one like mine was not a member Yet showed up. The Name was Clyde Horton from MI. If anyone knows them or Family have them get in touch...  In the June 1992 New Braunfels , TX We had 3 like Mine. But I had  2 so that don't count in the Vote... Ha !!!

Yes , Rodkey & Hansen's All Vinyl Dragon's the Best... I hope to One Day get to a Meet so We can have some Fun.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 05:42:07 PM by G.B. (All Vinyl Dragon) »
Research on All Vinyl Dragons & Dragon List.
G.B. Bonham LM  K.F.O.C. Club.
Also: Vintage Electronics, TV, Stereo, Radio, & Broadcasting.
Looking for Kaye Halbert TV, 27 inch screen mid 50's
made in Culver City, Calif.

Fid

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2012, 08:42:37 PM »
I was looking through a recent quarterly today. There was a Dragon article which refered to GB as "John Bohnam." Seems some author has been listening to too many Led Zeppelin albums!  Anyway, the Dragons are really cool and that Onxy car I believe was for sale in Edina, MN, just a few miles from me, a year or so ago. I never went to look at it. I don't like to look at cars that I know I can't get!
1953 Henry J Corsair Deluxe
Edgar Kaiser's custom 1951 Henry J
1951 Kaiser Special
1952 Allstate Deluxe

Need your classic car radio repaired? I repair vacuum tube radios

Roadmaster49

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2012, 08:26:16 AM »
Clicking on the link to the Registry leads me to an Eskimo website.

So, is there an official Dragon Registry? 
No old cars owned.

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2012, 08:56:28 AM »
The KFOCI registry is part of that website.  If you follow thorugh on the home page, you will get to a display of information and you can scroll down the make modle info to K530 Dragon. 

The only problem with this list is that some people sending information did not send complete (or identify that a tag was off the car)  and that there was no way to indicate status (junked, parts, car, restored, etc).  However, it does have some good info in it.

Fid

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2012, 09:23:41 AM »
You can also go to the opening page of this site and click on "Registeries" and choose "Kaiser Frazer Registry" and it takes you to Harold's page which provides a link.
Otherwise, click here http://www.eskimo.com/~hhagen/reg/reg.htm
1953 Henry J Corsair Deluxe
Edgar Kaiser's custom 1951 Henry J
1951 Kaiser Special
1952 Allstate Deluxe

Need your classic car radio repaired? I repair vacuum tube radios

Orphanauto

• View Profile
    • www.orphanauto.webs.com
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2012, 04:38:51 PM »
I have enjoyed this post. I always thought the Dragon was a cool car, although it really is a over priced Manhattan, I'd still love to have one. I looked at the rooster, and the eraliest one known for 53 ( outside the show cars x ) is body #15, yet, the Onxy one in Mo, is # 14, just thought that was interesting. Any idea what the blue one in Ill, number is? thayt one I have thought about getting.  The only complaint I have with this post, is when I clicked on Eskimo, and clicked on the game link, now my daughter wants on my computer, haha, Great post, love hearing about these wonderful Willow run Automobiles.
1953 Kaiser Manhattan 4-door

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2012, 08:25:18 PM »
The custom-order 1953 Dragon does NOT count with the 1,253 regular production Dragons.  Please refer to the info on 1953 Kaiser Dragons and the chicago 6-pack spec ials in KFOCI HANDBOOK Version 4.0. 

Members were given a wealth of information that took years to compile; please use it or there is no point to doing the Handbook again.

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2012, 10:25:52 PM »
There were 3 batch runs of the regular Dragons (the specials with leather and special paint are NOT part of the group) according to what is presently known.  This reflects being able to get slots at Ionia Body Company who applied the tops and did the final assembly work on the first 2 batches.  Black dragons were only in the first group as far as it is known.  There were too many problems with the lacquer application (paint would run, orange peel, etc).    This is covered in Richard Langworth's article on the KAISER DRAGON in a past issue of COLLECTABLE AUTOMOBILE.