Author Topic: Kaiser Frazer key blanks wanted  (Read 7126 times)

Orphanauto

• View Profile
    • www.orphanauto.webs.com
    • Email
Kaiser Frazer key blanks wanted
« on: April 21, 2009, 04:15:26 PM »
I would like to have some key blanks remanufactured. I need a excellent K key blank and F key blank to take in to have a mold made to remanufacture these. These would be great to have, I will make them available at a very resonable price. Since no one has had these made, I figured I would. Does anyone have 1 or both? thanks....
1953 Kaiser Manhattan 4-door

Weaz

• Specials RULE!
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Kaiser Frazer key blanks wanted
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2009, 07:24:45 PM »
I'm all for this project! I hope somebody has the blanks.

While you are at it, how would you feel about having some key chains made from a "Darrin Styled" badge? I know an idiot that recently snapped one in half by accident. I'm sure he could let you have it to make a mold.
KFOCI #9798

Orphanauto

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2009, 09:26:19 PM »
sure, I have had quite a few 63 Studebakers, still have a 63 lark, and a 63 Champ, the 63 studebakers also had aluminium keys, I know a guy that had  some made for those. They were made of steel, and painted to look like aluminium. I prefer to have these made as original. Key fobs, ect.. would be nice too. Any ideas would be appreciated.

FrazerWill

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2009, 10:18:34 PM »
Me too!!! I was thinking of making the keys too but have no idea how or where. I'll buy a few of them when you make them.

I have a pitted "Darrin Styled" chrome emblem for a sample if you can use it.

I also saw awhile back on eBay a Frazer crest key chain about 1 1/2" big that would be cool. a KF one would be cool too...

KF belt buckle?? http://i8.ebayimg.com/01/i/000/a6/2e/b25e_1_sbl.JPG

Logan

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2009, 09:33:18 PM »
This would be a great project!  If you can do it I will defintely buy some "K" blanks.  I don't have any blanks, but here is a picture of my ignition/door key.

Here is a picture of the key fob that came with the car.

As I am only the third owner I was under the impression that it was the original key fob that came with the car.  Can anyone verify this?

Website in case pictures don't show up. http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2706318240104952847kBufiy
« Last Edit: April 23, 2009, 10:22:06 PM by Logan »

Orphanauto

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2009, 10:21:35 PM »
There is a aluminium foundry 2 towns over from me, not far away in a small town, actually smaller than my pop 1350 town, haha, I was thinking about going over there as soon as I can and checking on having a mold made then have them make them for us. Yet, I need a NOS blank to use as a sample, I would be glad to give them back if someone doesn't want to sell, but would be glad to loan them for the project. I have the original key with my 53 but the "K" is abit worn, and I would like to get a NOS to make these remades, perfect. what a great touch to go with the cars at shows, ect.. I am not rich, so one project at a time, If I can do this, then maybe some key fobs, ect.. Just trying to enjoy the hobby, and help others enjoy it too.

mbflemingkf

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2009, 10:59:34 PM »
Ron, I have some NOS "K" keys but they've been cut (they're with some door locks I have for sale).  I've never seen a "K" blank.  Has anyone?  I've never seen a "F" key cut, blank, or otherwise.  Can any of the Frazer guys or our historian let us know if there even was such a thing?
KFOCI #4818, Since 1982

Rear view mirror:
1954 Kaiser Manhattan, 4 Door (Now in FL)
1955 Kaiser Manhattan, 2 Door (Now in TX)
1953 Kaiser Manhattan, 4 Door (Now in Australia)
Thousands of parts & literature (All over the world)

Gordie

• MSN Messenger - gordies1@verizon.net
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Gordie
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2009, 03:20:09 PM »
I do not remember Kaiser or Frazer key blanks with the K or F on the keys before the 1951 models.  My low mileage '51 Kaiser has those key blanks and when I sold my '51 Frazer last year it still had the original F ignition key so they did have them but I do not know for how many years.
Member #3151 Since June 1974
Vice President K.F.O.C.I. 2013-2017  President 2018-2019
'47 Graham Paige Frazer                                   
'51 Kaiser Deluxe club coupe       
'51 Kaiser customized convertible 
'52 Allstate serial#39
'53 Aero Eagle
'54 Aero Eagle Custom

jsgmpeek

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2009, 11:35:44 PM »
I see someone has Kaiser key blanks on e-Bay

Gordie

• MSN Messenger - gordies1@verizon.net
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Gordie
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2009, 11:53:44 AM »
Kaiser-Frazer key blanks are easy to find but the aluminum originals with the K or F are not.  They used to be common at the National meet swapmeets but I do not remember who was offering them.  Logan, to my knowledge key fobs were never issued with the car but they were available in K-F parts dept., key shops and in novelty stores and are still found at swap meets and sometimes online with eBay and similar sites.  They were mostly offered aftermarket but many dealers had them made up in metal or leather and sometimes with the dealers name on them.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2009, 05:36:21 PM by gordie »
Member #3151 Since June 1974
Vice President K.F.O.C.I. 2013-2017  President 2018-2019
'47 Graham Paige Frazer                                   
'51 Kaiser Deluxe club coupe       
'51 Kaiser customized convertible 
'52 Allstate serial#39
'53 Aero Eagle
'54 Aero Eagle Custom