Author Topic: KF dealer Moser Motors, Mt. Airy, NC: seeking photo!  (Read 784 times)

paulbrown

• View Profile
    • Email
KF dealer Moser Motors, Mt. Airy, NC: seeking photo!
« on: July 10, 2013, 12:40:04 PM »
Hi,

I'm seeking a photo of Moser Motors, located in Mount Airy, NC in the late 40s and early 50s.  This KF dealer sponsored a regular program on Radio Station WPAQ in those days. 

A friend of mine is producing a video documentary on the radio station and its founder, Ralph Epperson.  (The station still exists, by the way, and is famous for its programming of traditional mountain music, some of it live even today.) A Moser Motors sponsorship is heard on a brief selection from a program whose audio appears in the documentary, and we are looking for a photo of the dealership to go with it.  Newspaper ads have been located. 

Is there any sort of dealer archive or photo collection that we might look through?  Did KF have dealer photos somewhere and did they survive?  Or, does anyone reading this happen to own a photo, know where one might be, or happen to have any connection to or memory of the Mosers or their business?   Any help at all, even the thinnest thread, would be big help indeed.   Thank you in advance. -- Paul Brown

PS -- Though I do not own a Kaiser, Frazer or Henry J, I happen to be a big fan of KF vehicles and the story of the company.   -- PB

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: KF dealer Moser Motors, Mt. Airy, NC: seeking photo!
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2013, 03:09:42 PM »
If you haven't thought of it, I would suggest going through the Mt. Airy newspaper's files for ads from the dealership or stories about the dealership at introduction time, grand openings, etc, with photos.

The only photos I know of pertaining to Moser Motors are pictures that were taken at Willow Run during plant visits.

paulbrown

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: KF dealer Moser Motors, Mt. Airy, NC: seeking photo!
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2013, 06:19:58 PM »
Thank you.  We do have ads from the newspaper.  The idea of checking for articles/ads around opening time is a good one.