Author Topic: body lower side chrome moldings  (Read 925 times)

checker

• JE SUIS PRET
    • View Profile
body lower side chrome moldings
« on: October 26, 2013, 11:22:41 AM »
Guys, on my 51 DeLuxe there's body side chromed moldings, front to back, bumper height, that i'd like to remove for access to the body sheetmetal, how do i remove them? Are they clipped somehow? Thanks.

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: body lower side chrome moldings
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2013, 04:22:54 PM »
If you had the 1951 Kaiser & Frazer factory Shop Manual, you'd have all the info (including pictures) you would need to easily get them off.

joefrazer

• View Profile
Re: body lower side chrome moldings
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2013, 07:02:09 PM »
Yes, there are large clips that are held in place by a lip on the molding. The clips attach to the doors and body using tabs. To remove the trim, just pull the molding out from the body the top. This will cause the clips to bend but that's OK because new clips are available from the KFOCI manufacturing fund. If you're not a member, you can join at http://www.kfclubmembership.com/

Once you have the new clips, attach the clips to the body by bending the tabs over the holes in the sheet metal and then snap the moldings in place by installing the top of the molding over the clip and then snapping the bottom on place with a soft mallet. Be careful not not bend or warp the molding.