Author Topic: Monthly President's Message  (Read 55102 times)

Roadmaster49

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Monthly President's Message
« Reply #165 on: September 03, 2016, 07:56:03 AM »
I just noticed - 23,000 + views - this is pretty good for a so-called small club's President Message on a forum where many members don't visit. 
No old cars owned.

joefrazer

• View Profile
« Reply #166 on: September 16, 2016, 07:05:47 AM »
As club president, it's my privilege to be aware of things happening "behind the scenes" within the organization. One of those things that you may also be aware of are the updates that have been taking place on our main website, kfclub.com. A new look, along with new navigation means a fresh appearance for the club's web presence. What you don't see is all of the work that goes into making it happen. With nearly 2000 member records to move from our old system to the new, much of this has to be manually reconciled since most of the data is out of date. What was projected to be a few month's worth of part-time work has turned into nearly a year long endeavor. I'm glad to say that, aside from some minor updates, the work has been completed.

So, what does this mean for those who are club members? You now have access to your own membership information and can update it as needed. This information is directly tied to the data used to do things like send emails when your membership is due for renewal, as well as for use with mailings. So, it's important that you keep your information current...especially if you're one of those folks who likes to spend the winter months in a different location.

I would like to publicly thank our webmaster for doing the work to get the membership records into the new system. He not only volunteers his time with us, but also works full-time as well as spending as much time as possible with his family.

In addition, I would like to thank our club secretary for assisting where needed to get the job done. From supplying current member information via spreadsheets, to completing ad-hoc changes in the system, to providing change system enhancement requests, she's worked tirelessly to ensure what you as a member see, meets your needs.

So, please take a moment to review your member information. If access is an issue, please contact the club webmaster at webmaster @kfclub.com. Also, look around on the site, with daily updates you'll soon see much more information available at your fingertips!

Lancerossell

• MSN Messenger - Lancerossell@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: September 16, 2016, 11:02:34 AM »
Joe, your the only guy on line....I haven't figured out this site yet but I joined because I,have a 51
Frazer that is complete, good body, and restorable.  I would like to know its value and sell it to,a restorer.  I need some help and I'm pretty sure one of your members would like to know about it.
Swede

Dragon

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #168 on: September 16, 2016, 11:48:33 AM »
I definitely appreciate all the volunteer work that is done for the Club.  Thank you all for taking the time away from your family and work.
KFOCI since 1968
1954 Kaiser Manhattan
1953 Dragon
1951 Dragon
1951 Business Coupe
1951 Kaiser Deluxe
1936 International Tow Truck

joefrazer

• View Profile
« Reply #169 on: October 11, 2016, 07:09:20 PM »
This month, a little more about our club's website.

Every few days I hear from folks who are unable to access our club's new website. Most say the same thing...I'm getting the email bulletin so why can't I access the website? This happens because the website's database for verifying your email address is using either an incorrect or out of date email address. And, the list our bulletin editor uses to email your bulletin is not shared so our website admin has no idea the addresses differ. So, if you're experiencing issues accessing the website itself, contact our club secretary by email and tell her that you would like your email address updated in the system. Once that's done, you'll then need to log in at kfclub.com using the "Forgot password" link so you can set up your own password. It takes just a few minutes and will give you access to the entire site.

joefrazer

• View Profile
« Reply #170 on: October 14, 2016, 09:08:01 PM »
In 1964 my father had the opportunity to purchase a 1954 Manhattan. While it was a well-used car, it was a one owner vehicle...well, sort of. The seller was actually the local Buick garage who, until 1955 was a Kaiser-Frazer dealer. They never sold the Manhattan but instead, kept it as a parts runner for the dealership. By the time my father bought the car, it had amassed something like 200,000 miles and was well worn. He replaced the engine and transmission and had Earl Scheib paint the lower half of the body and we used it as a weekend car. In 1984 he gave me the car and three engines later, it now has well over 300,000 miles on it.

Today, I decided to drag it out of the barn and give it a bath. I say drag because the engine in the car has a badly cracked block and needs replaced. So, I now have a decision to make...do I go the route of yet another 226, or do I go modern and drop in a small block GM engine and automatic OD transmission. I've got a decision to make!

Bobm90

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #171 on: October 15, 2016, 09:04:06 AM »
Just one guys opinion - that is such a nice car and it has a known history, I would do all I could to make it stock. These cars are becoming rarer especially in that fine condition you would be doing your part to persevere the history of this fine automobile. If you think the car would be worth more money with a small block in it, last time I looked the market for "hot rod Kaisers" was down. This is only my opinion for what it's worth, I personally look at old "stock" cars differently than those with modern running gear.
1931 Model A Ford Deluxe Coupe
1959 Mercury 4 Dr
1958 Chevrolet Bel Air 2 Dr
1959 Morris Minor 1000 2 Dr
1954 Kaiser Manhattan 4 Dr

Henry's HenryJs

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #172 on: October 15, 2016, 06:56:43 PM »
Joe, my thought is to modernize it with any engine you like, but how about a Jeep power-plant/ trany? None of my cars were bought/ built for resale value so do as you please, I am with my HenryJ's.
2-51 HenryJ's, 57 wagon 408"BB with 14' Bonair travel trailer,71 Nova 355"SB, 07 2500HD with 26.5 Prowler 5th wheel travel trailer, CDN coordinator for ChevyTalk
http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=h

joefrazer

• View Profile
« Reply #173 on: November 10, 2016, 11:03:32 PM »
It's that time of year again - time to start looking forward to the holiday season. Here in the states, we have the Thanksgiving holiday near the end of November that traditionally kicks off the whole holiday theme. Soon, many of us will be gathering with friends and family and enjoying their company. And, not long from then, we will celebrate Christmas or Hanukkah (or both like we did) and then look forward to the new year.

So, take some time to think about all that you've done over the past year and all there is to look forward to. It's not just the cars and the car shows, it's the new friends you made, the old friendships you rekindled, and the warmth of being with them and your family.

Please accept my best wishes for a happy and healthy holiday season!

joefrazer

• View Profile
« Reply #174 on: December 08, 2016, 02:30:06 PM »
As we approach the new year, it's time to start thinking about proposed changes to our club's constitution and by-laws. If you have a proposed change, please send it to me by January 31, the cut-off date for submissions. Please include the Article and Section number you are referring to in your submission. I will accept snail or email submissions.

All submissions will be printed in a future news bulletin prior to this summer's convention. At the convention, all submissions will then be reviewed and voted on by the general membership.

joefrazer

• View Profile
« Reply #175 on: December 20, 2016, 09:52:14 PM »
I have been informed that the 2017 KF Club calendars have been mailed. Owing to the last minute Christmas rush, I'm sure the post office will get them delivered in due time.

Let us know when yours arrives!

superk226

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #176 on: December 20, 2016, 10:16:28 PM »
Mine arrived in CA yesterday, looks real nice.

ldladyvt

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #177 on: December 20, 2016, 11:41:18 PM »
Ours arrived in Vermont Monday 12/19, good job!

tq

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #178 on: December 21, 2016, 11:10:26 AM »
Got mine in South Carolina.

amkfken

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #179 on: December 21, 2016, 06:47:09 PM »
Got mine today in Jefferson Colorado-------Not the end of the World, but you can see it from here!!!   Excellent!!!!