Author Topic: Monthly President's Message  (Read 55068 times)

51Deluxe

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Monthly President's Message
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2014, 06:21:32 PM »
Hopefully when the organization has no leanings one way or the other the paperwork will go through at a normal rate

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2014, 08:09:44 AM »
Because it is a new corporation with no affiliation with the KFOCI (it cannot be affiliated as a condition for 501c3 status) the matter has no relevance.  It is up to the IRS to review the documentation, raise any issues they wish to raise & the IRS goes from there.

joefrazer

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 02, 2014, 07:57:53 PM »
For those of us who live in the northern part of the US, Labor Day marks the unofficial end of the boating season and the beginning of cooler days and driving your Kaiser without fear of vapor lock! It also means fall club meets. Looking at this month's bulletin, I see six meets and shows scheduled between now and Halloween. So, if you haven't been to a KF club meet yet this year, plan to attend one near you.

A museum update - the folks at the Ypsilanti Automotive Heritage Museum (YAHM) have been kind enough to allow us to reconfigure the museum's layout which puts K-F in the main room and at the main entrance to the complex. While most of the vehicles and displays belong to the YAHM, the Kaiser-Frazer Historical Foundation will be building some of their own. This, of course, will happen after all of the needed government red tape has been waded thru. But, things are progressing and you'll like what you see. I've attached a teaser picture...for more you'll have to visit the museum!

Look for more detail around the museum in next month's bulletin.

Aeroman

• View Profile
    • Willys Aero Survival Count
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2014, 12:15:28 AM »
Isn't the yellow Traveler in the pic the one owned by Blanche and Ken Mericle?
Rick Kamen
KFOCI LM4314 since 1979
Willys Aero Survival Count
aeroman@aol.com
http://clubs.hemmings.com/willysaero
1954 Willys Aero Eagle "Old Toby"
1964 Ford Econoline panel van
Once owned 11 other Willys Aeros and a Willys wagon, 2 Kaisers, 1 Henry J, plus Studebakers, Hudsons, a Nash and others.

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: September 05, 2014, 05:37:49 AM »
Yes.  Blanche's will left everything in a trust, in favor of the Ypsilanti Automotive Heritage Collection.  The court has so far released everything but the Darrin (as of late August; the situation may have changed since then). 

Gordie

• MSN Messenger - gordies1@verizon.net
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Gordie
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: September 05, 2014, 11:36:57 AM »
It appears that the YHAM  has started a fine KF museum without us as they have received all of the Mericle's collection and have much of it on display.  At this point we really don't have anything to add to it.  Has it been determined how much our KFOC yearly cost will be if we decide to join them?
« Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 06:54:42 PM by Gordie »
Member #3151 Since June 1974
Vice President K.F.O.C.I. 2013-2017  President 2018-2019
'47 Graham Paige Frazer                                   
'51 Kaiser Deluxe club coupe       
'51 Kaiser customized convertible 
'52 Allstate serial#39
'53 Aero Eagle
'54 Aero Eagle Custom

mbflemingkf

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: September 05, 2014, 08:11:26 PM »
Recommend you speak to our club president.  He seems plugged into what is happenning with the museum.
KFOCI #4818, Since 1982

Rear view mirror:
1954 Kaiser Manhattan, 4 Door (Now in FL)
1955 Kaiser Manhattan, 2 Door (Now in TX)
1953 Kaiser Manhattan, 4 Door (Now in Australia)
Thousands of parts & literature (All over the world)

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: September 06, 2014, 06:39:40 PM »
I would suggest that rather than ask Jim, contact Mr. Ron Bluhm, President & CEO of the Museum.  Ron is authorized to speak on behalf of the Museum, Jim Lape is not.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 05:06:42 AM by kaiserfrazerlibrary »

joefrazer

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 10, 2014, 08:05:38 AM »
Well, fall is here and for many of us that means it's time to start thinking about storing our collector cars for the winter. Make sure you do all of those things needed...check the tire pressure, top off fluids, make sure your anti-freeze is up to the task...and hope for an early spring!

I've been attending the fall AACA meet at Hershey for many years and this year is memorable in that we've not seen rain (yet). Rain seems synonymous with Hershey and something that's been a little easier to deal with now that all of the swap meet spaces are on paved ground. No more mud, but with that comes plenty of sore feet from hitting the miles of pavement! This year, I got lucky and found a real nice front bumper for my 54 HJ, as well as several other goodies to fit the car. We even have a few club members selling rare and valuable KF items in the Green field swap meet area.

The 2015 club calendar project is coming along. Larry Barker, our new editor, has the material he needs and promises something everyone will enjoy for the coming year. In addition, our 2014 national meet host, Jim Betts, has assembled a Quarterly magazine that we will be printing and mailing with the calendar. I'm not going to tip Jim's hand, but will say you'll like what you see.

The KF Museum and Kaiser-Frazer Historical Foundation (KFHF) work is proceeding. The paperwork is in the government workstream so as soon as that's approved and returned I'll have more to talk about. In the meantime, should you have questions about either the KF Museum of the KFHF, they can absolutely be sent my way. Questions about the Ypsilanti Automotive Heritage Museum (YAHM) and their operations should be directed to them. The museum does have a temporary exhibit in place that's a mix of KFOCI member and YAHM owned material that's well worth seeing. So, if you find yourself in the area, stop by!

joefrazer

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 17, 2014, 06:08:26 AM »
Greetings from Bordeaux, France! I'm on holiday and so far, I've yet to see a Kaiser, Frazer, or Willys built vehicle although I have seen many ancient Citroen, Renault, and Peugeot built cars. Most everything here uses a diesel engine and interestingly, diesel fuel here is about two thirds the price of 87 octane gasoline, just the opposite of what we see in the states.

To date, I've only seen a few truly American cars, a pickup truck (Nissan Frontier) and a Chrysler PT Cruiser.

I'll post a few pictures later.

Au Revoir!

Aeroman

• View Profile
    • Willys Aero Survival Count
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: November 17, 2014, 08:27:37 PM »
Bring me back a 1953 Hotchkiss-Gregoire or a Deutshe-Bonnet please.
Rick Kamen
KFOCI LM4314 since 1979
Willys Aero Survival Count
aeroman@aol.com
http://clubs.hemmings.com/willysaero
1954 Willys Aero Eagle "Old Toby"
1964 Ford Econoline panel van
Once owned 11 other Willys Aeros and a Willys wagon, 2 Kaisers, 1 Henry J, plus Studebakers, Hudsons, a Nash and others.

joefrazer

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 01, 2014, 06:45:47 PM »
I've just returned from two weeks in France where I had the opportunity to see many 50s and 60s era French and German automobiles. Citroen 2CV and DS21 cars were plentiful, as well as quite a few older Mercedes Benz and Skoda built vehicles. I tried, but couldn't ferret out any KF built cars, however I did learn of a Henry J about an hour east of Paris. If you've never been to France or western Europe, it is well worth the trip. The French couldn't have been nicer and I'll go on the record to say that the story of the rude French waiter is just that, a story.

Back here in the states, we have alot happening. We're just a week or so away from mailing the 2015 KFOCI calendar and with it, full members will receive a special edition of the Quarterly magazine, expertly edited by our own Jim Betts. Expect them in your mailbox before Christmas...which is only 24 days away. Guess I better get my shopping started!

In addition, the museum project is moving along. The government paperwork has been submitted and much of it has been acknowledged by the appropriate entities, with some still to be approved. We expect to have our ducks in a row by mid January. Keep an eye on this space as well as the bulletin for more details.

I'll close by wishing everyone a healthy and happy holiday season. It's the time of year where we get together with family and friends and enjoy each others' company. And, if you're lucky enough to live where the weather cooperates, drive a KF built product!

Happy Holidays!
Jim

Logan

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: December 02, 2014, 12:57:48 PM »
Thanks for the update.  My experience in France was similar: the people couldn't have been nicer and more helpful.  I just renewed my membership a month ago, but have not received a bulletin.  Did one go out this month?

joefrazer

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 02, 2014, 04:00:15 PM »
I'm sure the bulletin is on its way. With the holiday last week and increased USPS traffic, things have been delayed a bit.

Corsairdeluxe

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: December 02, 2014, 05:20:05 PM »
France sorta depends...

I used travel to France on business twice a year and my experiences were awful. Rude does not cover it. I'm 6-5 ,300 pounds and a touch on the ugly side. I had a dear friend who was a gorgeous actress on one of the daytime soaps. I relayed my experience to her before her first trip over. Se came back and said I was wrong, everybody was extra nice to her, even went out of their way to be helpful.
Jim Brown aka Corsairdeluxe
10 Henrys and 1 ALLSTATE
behind me. J less at the moment and having irrational thoughts.