Author Topic: "George Frazer"  (Read 1546 times)

Logan

• View Profile
    • Email
"George Frazer"
« on: January 08, 2014, 08:12:01 PM »
The description for this '54 includes some little known facts about "George" Frazer. http://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/dealer/kaiser/manhattan/1621306.html?refer=news

Fid

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: "George Frazer"
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2014, 08:39:12 PM »
Wow, and he worked for Packard to boot.
1953 Henry J Corsair Deluxe
Edgar Kaiser's custom 1951 Henry J
1951 Kaiser Special
1952 Allstate Deluxe

Need your classic car radio repaired? I repair vacuum tube radios

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2014, 11:14:15 PM »
The business biography of Joseph W. Frazer (as written in 1946 by Graham-Paige/Kaiser-Frazer) shows him starting out as a basic grunt sort at Packard then moving up through the ranks; by 1921 he was involved in the (then) just started General Motors
Acceptance Corporation (GMAC) the finance arm of GM to cover dealer new car inventories and in time, financing new car retail sales.

JoeKeys2010

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2014, 07:24:53 PM »
What happened to Frazer after he left the company?  I googled him but did not find out much. My grandfather went bust in early 1950 with his distributorship. Probably had something to do with the sluggish sales of the 49's?  I wish I'd asked more questions.
1949 Kaiser Deluxe
1964 Ford Custom (Galaxie)
1960 Metropolitan

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2014, 06:44:45 AM »
Joe Frazer continued to run Graham-Paige which became an investment company.  The business got involved in oil drilling and other commercial enterprises, finally gravitating towards a particular parcel of real estate in downtown New York City.  It started the Madison Square Garden Corporation and the New Madison Square Garden facility.  A few years ago or so (if I remember right) the management of the company dropped the Graham-Paige title (it was then known as the Graham-Paige Corporation) and became The New Madison Square Garden Corporation, so you could say that Graham is still around...kinda like what happened to the Peerless operation in the 1930's after Prohibition ended & the company became a brewer of beer.

JoeKeys2010

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2014, 08:42:05 AM »
Interesting.  Thanks
1949 Kaiser Deluxe
1964 Ford Custom (Galaxie)
1960 Metropolitan