Author Topic: 49 Frazer  (Read 1367 times)

checker

• JE SUIS PRET
    • View Profile

Roadmaster49

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: 49 Frazer
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2014, 11:46:57 AM »
Bernie
That's not nice, tempting me like that.  So far away.  Does anybody know if this is a Manhattan?

Rudy Phillips offered me a solid 49 Manhattan project last year for $1000.  I was selling off and couldn't commit. 

I love the 49 Frazers.  The eggcrate-ish grille, new taillamps and dash made it one of the best slabsiders in my opinion. 
No old cars owned.

checker

• JE SUIS PRET
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2014, 06:26:18 PM »
Sorry Roadmaster !  ;)

I now and then forward you guys the kijiji clasified cause I think they're not looked at that much in the U.S.

There's one more add about a 54 Manhatten - sold as is - but with these 4 posts already, I was starting to feel bad...

For some of you guys, the northern border is not that far away, never know !!!

B

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2014, 05:27:18 AM »
While distance may not be bad for some, the current situation between Canada and the USA on car sales that cross the border is not the way it used to be.  There is a lot of paperwork, customs duty and other issues.  You almost have to hire a customs broker to get a Canadian  car or truck across the boarder these days & if you do not have a clear or bonded title, some states will not honor Canadian documents unless the vehicle is currently registered.

checker

• JE SUIS PRET
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2014, 11:27:52 AM »
You're right.

I 've got friends who went to get cars from the southern US states and they had to do their homework ahead of time not to have problems with the customs.

B

Fid

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2014, 08:34:01 PM »
It's hard to say if it's a Manhattan without seeing the VIN. The fact that there is no 'Manhattan' badge on the fender is an indicator that it is not.  The narrow rocker molding is not a sure telltale nor is the beltline molding that's present. The '49/'50 Frazer is a strange animal. I've posted pictures of the '49 Manhattan that we restored several times before. It was F496-00xxxx  indicating it was indeed a Manhattan. It also had Manhattan trim inside - color coordinated steering wheel, shift lever, signal light lever, chrome strips on all four door panels, chrome skirt on the bottom of the dash, chrome interior window frames etc. but it had the narrow rocker chrome and no belt line molding and appeared it never did.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 12:53:26 PM by Fid »
1953 Henry J Corsair Deluxe
Edgar Kaiser's custom 1951 Henry J
1951 Kaiser Special
1952 Allstate Deluxe

Need your classic car radio repaired? I repair vacuum tube radios