Author Topic: 2@1951 Kaiser Specials  (Read 1329 times)

marioplumber

• View Profile
2@1951 Kaiser Specials
« on: November 19, 2014, 07:06:48 AM »
I am a former member of the KFOCI, member number 9131, and would like to post an ad in both the online and mailed bulletins for the next available 3 months. This morning, I renewed my membership online for the following year while I sell my remaining KF items. I have attached confirmation of my membership renewal. Will you please confirm your receipt of this email and if there may be any additional charges for the size of the posting. I will provide funds as you request. I will list the ad below. Thank you for your assistance.

1951 Kaiser Special, late VIN number with AR title, not running, and would serve as a great parts car or restoration. Originally owned by my late Uncle and KFOCI member, Mr. Marvin Montgomery of Glenwood, WA. Car is in pieces. Good doors, most trim pieces, and rear glass. Original motor and transmission not in car and is not running, but mostly complete. Car holds many memories, but has been neglected for too long. 1951 Kaiser Special. Early VIN number. KS title. Complete body minus trim, motor and trans. This car is a roller with NO rust. I bought it for for parts for the first car listed, but limited time prevents progress. Many extra parts for these cars including door handles, trunk latches and supports, bumper jacks, hubcaps, wide side moldings, radio, extra door glass, and much more. Years of accumulation. Will sell all for 1000.00 OBO. Jerry Kendall, member # 9131. 953 Burk Rd. Highlandville, MO 65669. (Springfield, MO) 417-761-2677. jdkaiser51@yahoo.com.

Bulletin Editor

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: 2@1951 Kaiser Specials
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2014, 09:24:43 AM »
FYI: ads must be submitted directly to me in writing, by USPS mail or email (preferred). I will not print ads posted on this forum.

Barbara Mueller, Editor
4845 Transit Rd S12
Lancaster NY 14043
bulletin@kfclub.com
Barbara Mueller
1952 Henry J Corsair deLuxe
KFOCI Secretary  secretary@kfclub.com
Bulletin Editor  bulletin@kfclub.com

Roadmaster49

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2014, 09:45:48 AM »
Barbara

That's an interesting response.  It can become a sticky issue, so please read my comments with that in mind. The policy to not post his 'ad' in the Bulletin based solely off his post is your choice as the service you provide is your time and effort which no one else may choose to provide. 

With that being said, your response is highly bureaucratical, representing what most of us hate the most about bureaucracies, that is rules for rules sake.  If I were the Bulletin Editor, it would take me about 15 seconds to cut and paste this fellows ad content and place it in the appropriate area of the Bulletin.

To consider:  This is what the Riviera Owners Association (Buick Riviera collector group) does with ads.  Many of the ads in their magazine and on their Buy/Sell area on their website are direct lifts from Craigs List and similar sites around the country with the goal of getting Rivieras into the hands of passionate collectors.  There is usually a note at the end of the ad stating it's origin.

Also, this is an easy stewardship / membership increase opportunity.  Placing this and other 'found' ads in the Bulletin Buy/Sell might help these cars get new homes in the hands of KFOCI members. At least for parts.  And sooner rather then later.  It sounds like this seller is going to place the ads "correctly" in the Bulletin but with some additional delay, maybe 1-2 months later.  Whereas, confirmation that he has in fact rejoined the club could be handled in the meantime of this ad going into the next Bulletin opportunity.

For other ads that we as forum members post in the Buy/Sell here, we are just browsing Craigs Lists and we find them. Many times we find rare cars, like a late 2nd series Traveler, a Dragon or such.  These cars could reach a much wider KF audience if they were placed judiciously into the Bulletin, and in some cases could find more worthwhile ownership in KFOCI members hands.

Of course, this "outside" content could mean a bigger Bulletin, costing more to make and mail, but I don't think placement of 1 - 5 "outside" ads would cause any additional cost and might help direct people to this forum and save as many as 50-100 KF's over a years time, maybe helping to stem eroding membership numbers.

So, I was amused by your direct and bureaucratical comment, which is entirely appropriate given that we must have rules in any organization.  Perhaps for this one occasion, you can cut and paste his comments into the next Bulletin.
No old cars owned.

Bulletin Editor

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2014, 11:48:16 AM »
Roadmaster ... I did not set the rules for the Bulletin; they were set by the Board of Directors & already in place when I took over as editor (DEC 2005 issue). As I answer to the Board, I follow their rules. If you (or others) are unhappy with that, discuss it with them. As for this specific ad, he did send it to me by email. It will run in the JAN 2015 issue, which is "the next Bulletin opportunity."

Barbara Mueller
1952 Henry J Corsair deLuxe
KFOCI Secretary  secretary@kfclub.com
Bulletin Editor  bulletin@kfclub.com

Roadmaster49

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2014, 09:14:12 PM »
Thank you Barbara. 
No old cars owned.