Author Topic: Convention Update - Gettysburg Battlefield Tour  (Read 1059 times)

wnyfrzr

• View Profile
    • Email
Convention Update - Gettysburg Battlefield Tour
« on: June 23, 2015, 12:28:55 PM »
As of today, 6/23/15, we have 5 spots left for the Gettysburg Battlefield Bus tour.  Unfortunately we will not have enough persons to fill a 3rd bus with 54 persons and the cost to run this bus half full would be cost prohibitive. You do have the option of doing a similar tour on your own by going directly to the Battlefield Visitors Center which is approx. 5 miles from the hotel.  Anyone signing up for this tour that we cannot accommodate will be refunded at the time of registration.  We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

Also, if you have not made your reservations yet at the host hotel, you need to do it now as the deadline for getting the reduced rate for KFOCI expires Thursday 6/25/15.!
Check your bulletins for reservation info.
1951 Frazer (standard)
Empire Region Manager

Gordie

• MSN Messenger - gordies1@verizon.net
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Gordie
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Convention Update - Gettysburg Battlefield Tour
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2015, 06:48:31 PM »
Are the people who signed up early going to be on the tour?  Who is going to be refused admittance in case you do not have exactly the number to fill the buses? Is this message just for people who have not signed up yet?  Thanks
Member #3151 Since June 1974
Vice President K.F.O.C.I. 2013-2017  President 2018-2019
'47 Graham Paige Frazer                                   
'51 Kaiser Deluxe club coupe       
'51 Kaiser customized convertible 
'52 Allstate serial#39
'53 Aero Eagle
'54 Aero Eagle Custom

wnyfrzr

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Convention Update - Gettysburg Battlefield Tour
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2015, 06:16:49 AM »
Anyone who has already sent in their registration and received by Ceph Hering as of yesterday (6/23/15) are all set for the Tour.  The remaining 5 spots will be filled by the first 5 registrants signing up for the Tour.  Anyone after that will be refunded and can go on their own.

My family is actually going on our own tour - via Segways!  We probably won't get all the information and comfort from the Guides as on the bus but we have always wanted to try riding a Segway.  It is a little more pricey too for a shorter time (3 hours - 9 miles)- and we go rain or shine but definitely something the kids and us won't ever forget.  We will have pre-recorded narration with headsets in our helmets.  So for those that cannot get on the bus tour there are lots of other options.  I ventured out on my own there when we had a meet in May.  It is an awesome area to visit.
1951 Frazer (standard)
Empire Region Manager