Author Topic: Kaiser-Frazer Service Posters  (Read 629 times)

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
Kaiser-Frazer Service Posters
« on: April 24, 2021, 09:54:42 AM »
In 1951, Kaiser-Frazer Sales Corporation signed up with LaFontaine-Detroit to offer a program of sales-stimulating (as the British would say) posters under the series title "The Hottest Brand of Service".  The program continued into the mid 1950's the only difference being the little K-F logo on them became a K-W logo.  Something to watch for at National Conventions and at regular swap meets (when they come back).  A couple samples including the first of the series (with the large branding iron)

pnw_oldmags

• Administrator
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
    • CircleKF Website
    • Email
Re: Kaiser-Frazer Service Posters
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2021, 12:03:04 PM »
These are great Jack ... do you own these??
Jim Betts  LM6945
PNW Traveler Editor
CircleKF Webmaster
https://circlekf.com

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Kaiser-Frazer Service Posters
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2021, 12:10:28 PM »
I have 4 of these; I also have 1 for Kaiser-Willys Anti-Freeze that gives that product name but shows a drawing of Kaiser-Frazer anti-freeze;  release number suggests this is an October 1953 poster and reflects the transition between K-F and K-W.  The other is from the winter of 1951-52 and shows a 1951 Henry J (red) parked in the background with a girl skating on a frozen pond.

Larry Barker got a number of other items when he bought out a former K-F distributorship years ago.  We've talked from time to time about re-printing them on a standard 24 x 36 sheet.  Problem is there are so many choose from it's like parts for the Manufacturing Fund.  A number of individuals want them but only certain ones and only 1 copy.  Not enough to make a print run feasible.  I want to talk to Larry on this when I see him at the National Convention this year (he said he is coming with parts to sell).