Author Topic: New Little Ones  (Read 543 times)

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
New Little Ones
« on: September 03, 2021, 08:11:35 AM »
Willys/Jeep people should be aware (if they aren't already) that Mattel Toys (who also own the MATCHBOX brand besides HOT WHEELS) are bringing into the market for Christmas 2021 a number of 1/64th scale models of various Jeep-branded cars and trucks in both the regular peg board line-up and the Superfast (MATCHBOX version of models designed to be "competitive" with the speedier HOT WHEELS items that could actually roll!) series. 

Newest releases are the Jeep Wagoneer (1989 model year car with simulated wood trim on the sides), a 1960's version (in some 5 packs) and two versions of the 1962 Jeep Station Wagon.  The first to be released is metallic green with opening doors.  The second appears to have opening doors and the simulated wood painted body trim in the Superfast line. 

I have tried to get them interested in either a 1947 Kaiser or Frazer, a 1951 Kaiser, 1952 Henry J or an Aero Willys (1952-1955, any year) but so far no luck.  It's been almost 20 years since my work on getting the original 1951 HJ Dragster released in the HOT WHEELS line-up and almost everybody I knew there moved on in one form or another (retirement or went to work elsewhere).

Here are some pictures of the newer releases

« Last Edit: October 16, 2021, 11:03:49 AM by kaiserfrazerlibrary »