Author Topic: 1955 WILLYS CUSTOM 4 DR. KEYS  (Read 596 times)

glennstin

• Whomever Dies with the Most AL-TOY Jeeps Wins
    • View Profile
    • Email
1955 WILLYS CUSTOM 4 DR. KEYS
« on: February 01, 2022, 10:50:37 AM »
I have this '55 Willys Custom parts car with no keys. I do have all the original paperwork including "WILLYS OWNERS SERVICE POLICY" as made out to the 1955 purchaser showing the key numbers C-426 and C-346.  I'm not concerned about these numbers being out and about as this car isn't going anywhere.  It's just that I'd like to have the original locks for parts.  Are any of our readers lock familiar to tell me if I can get keys cut to those numbers and where to send for them?
'55  Custom, Plus a Kansas Parts Car , '59 CJ3B, '50 Jeepster, AL-TOY Jeep Models, Willys Lit. , DJ3A Goodies, Willys History, Willys Special Equipment

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: 1955 WILLYS CUSTOM 4 DR. KEYS
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2022, 11:19:58 AM »
A good locksmith can cut off these "bitting" numbers as he (or she) knows how to set the key machine cutters off the numbers you have.  Places like wal-mart can only make copies of existing keys as their machines simply "follow" the original key with the grooves and high points.

G.B. (All Vinyl Dragon)

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: 1955 WILLYS CUSTOM 4 DR. KEYS
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2022, 11:57:16 AM »
I always Keep One New Key to Cut New Key in metal Box . If they have Numbers to Cut I have had Good Luck.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2022, 11:59:21 AM by G.B. (All Vinyl Dragon) »
Research on All Vinyl Dragons & Dragon List.
G.B. Bonham LM  K.F.O.C. Club.
Also: Vintage Electronics, TV, Stereo, Radio, & Broadcasting.
Looking for Kaye Halbert TV, 27 inch screen mid 50's
made in Culver City, Calif.