Author Topic: Crankcase Filler Tube / Oil Filler Tube  (Read 363 times)

verwachst

• View Profile
    • Email
Crankcase Filler Tube / Oil Filler Tube
« on: August 10, 2023, 04:53:18 PM »
Gathering information about my 1952/52 Kaiser Manhattan oil filler tube.  It has a Kaiser Supersonic 226.
Inner diameter 1.5 inches--Length 10 inches--Looks to be canted/angled at the end that goes into the block--Looks also as if the end that goes into the block used to have a “nose” or jut that would catch the ledge down in the block (like a bulb socket)--I figured that either some previous owner, not knowing about this, forced the tube into the block or that the “noses” were ground smooth--Another thought is that this is NOT the correct tube for the Kaiser Supersonic 226 cid--My engine doesn’t have a data plate under the oil filter and the engine “number” stamped in the block is either RL 11310 P.S. or R 111310 P.S.
I attached photos.  How much of my guesswork is true?
« Last Edit: August 10, 2023, 04:55:37 PM by verwachst »

joefrazer

• View Profile
Re: Crankcase Filler Tube / Oil Filler Tube
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2023, 07:43:30 AM »
That's the correct tube, it's just bent at the lower end. They're an interference fit...jammed in place at the factory with light pressure. There are plenty of parts engines out there, someone should have a filler neck that's not bent.

verwachst

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2023, 04:55:28 PM »
Thanks for the reply.  Do you have an explanation for the marks (see pictures)?  They could not have been nibs or pins to secure the tube in the block? 

joefrazer

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2023, 07:28:08 AM »
The tubes were probably staked or pinned to help hold them in place.