Author Topic: KF Dealership Locations List  (Read 14440 times)

Chris Luecht

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Jaxcham2
    • View Profile
    • Willow Run KF Parts - NOS, NEW, & USED Parts for Kaiser, Frazer, Henry J, & Darrin
    • Email
KF Dealership Locations List
« on: September 25, 2008, 07:52:50 AM »
Once upon a time, when searching the web, I came across a list of dealerships and their locations.  I have since lost the link and was wondering if anyone might know where I can find it.  Thanks
Christopher Luecht
KFOCI Life Member LM8866
Webmaster: http://www.kfclub.com
Email: webmaster@kfclub.com

Willow Run KF Parts
http://www.KFparts.com

Weaz

• Specials RULE!
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: KF Dealership Locations List
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2008, 09:03:15 PM »
Everything I find points me to this page: http://my.stratos.net/~jimkf/index.htm, which in turn points me to a broken link that I think is trying to send me here: http://www.henryj.info/kfads/.

It's a start.
KFOCI #9798

Chris Luecht

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Jaxcham2
    • View Profile
    • Willow Run KF Parts - NOS, NEW, & USED Parts for Kaiser, Frazer, Henry J, & Darrin
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2008, 09:49:40 AM »
Thanks for the info.  Those are the two websites I found too but still can't locate this list.  I wish I had printed it out when I first found it.  If anyone else has any leads on hunting down this list, please let me know.
Enjoy the rest of the weekend,
Chris
Christopher Luecht
KFOCI Life Member LM8866
Webmaster: http://www.kfclub.com
Email: webmaster@kfclub.com

Willow Run KF Parts
http://www.KFparts.com

Weaz

• Specials RULE!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2008, 06:08:28 PM »
I hope you or somebody else can find the list. Otherwise, we are stuck with the map in the owner's manual.

Anyone want to put a name to all those dots?
KFOCI #9798

Fid

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2008, 06:59:06 PM »
I seem to recall that list of Dealships was on Jim Bett's website which I think was hosted by Hemming's (www.hemmings.com) but I don't think it's active any more.  Jim has this site now http://www.henryj.info/kfads/
You may be able to go to that site and click on "Contact" and ask him if he moved that info to another site.
I think Jim Lape, also had dealer info on his site which I can't remember. His site is http://my.stratos.net/%7Ejimkf/  there may be links to click on that would get you his e-mail contact info.
Good luck
1953 Henry J Corsair Deluxe
Edgar Kaiser's custom 1951 Henry J
1951 Kaiser Special
1952 Allstate Deluxe

Need your classic car radio repaired? I repair vacuum tube radios

aukman2

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2012, 06:47:24 AM »
This is my first posting ever anywhere. I am a KFOCI LM 6785. I used to see a list of KF dealers list occasionally on the internet. Over the years, as I looked through literature and old newspapers, I would write down dealer names, locations and sometimes approximate year(s) of operation. Can any one lead me to an active dealership list and/or a place to add information. I am especially interested in dealerships in Utica/Yorkville NY and Ogdensburg NY. Thanks Tom Raub 

darrin145

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2012, 07:56:08 AM »
The dealer in Syracuse, NY was Glenn Burdick. The family now operates an auto mall in Cicero,NY (a suburb, just north of Syracuse) called Driver's Village. They recently bought long time Chevy dealer, Bresee Chevrolet. During the transition , they ran an ad in the Post Standard with a vintage photo showing a couple of KF products. I'll see if I can find it, scan it and post it!

Gary.

darrin145

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2012, 07:58:13 AM »
This censorship leaves a bit to be desired! That name is Glenn Bur d i c k.

Gary.

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2012, 12:59:55 PM »
I've been compiling a list of Kaiser-Frazer and Willys dealers covering 1945-1957.  At present there are over 6,600 listings covering K-F, Willys, Kaiser-Willys, etc with "dual dealerships" (same place sold both K-F and Willys at the same time).  The listing has already been incorporated into the next release of KFOCI HANDBOOK.   The file is an Excel spreadsheet and is around 1.5MB in size.

J.S.W. Motor Sales was K-F in Utica from 1947-1949, with Pontero's Better Service taking over into 1951.  J.S.W. also operated a store in Yorkville NY from 1947-1951. I have no listing for a dealer in Ogdensburg, but that is not to say that one did not exist;  I used issues of DEALER NEWS publications, stamps on literature, what newspaper ads I could find, etc.  Also, Johnson White Trucks in Utica sold Willys vehicles starting in 1956 and I assume it went past the 1957 model year cut off I have for listings.

joefrazer

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2012, 02:22:23 PM »
The broken link mentioned in an earlier post was to a now-defunct service provider that I used. That was my page. The kfads link went to Jim Bett's page where he had links to a dealer list that I picked up and added to for several years and sent him to post online. I had around 1000 (maybe more) dealer names and locations on that list. Chris, this is the same list that I sent to you.

Gordie

• MSN Messenger - gordies1@verizon.net
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Gordie
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2012, 04:24:38 PM »
Most of us would love to see that list resurrected and with information that many of us have collected over the years we could probably add many new listings to it.  I have a 1946 magazine ad by the Los Angeles distributor Mad Man Muntz who listed all of the early dealers in the Los Angeles area including their addresses.  There were many of them.  I hope that we can get this master list going soon.
Member #3151 Since June 1974
Vice President K.F.O.C.I. 2013-2017  President 2018-2019
'47 Graham Paige Frazer                                   
'51 Kaiser Deluxe club coupe       
'51 Kaiser customized convertible 
'52 Allstate serial#39
'53 Aero Eagle
'54 Aero Eagle Custom

Doc

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2012, 07:26:46 PM »
Indeed, be nice to find the list because, for example, the map does not show a dealer in Hartselle, Alabama or Ardmore, Tennessee which we have been told by a number of folks existed. Both, even today, are small towns.
'54 Manhattan
'54 Late Special
'51 Frazer sedan

Doc

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2012, 07:30:35 PM »
Florida, it is Miami, Jacksonville, Orlando, Daytona Beach, and Pensacola with oddly enough Tampa/St. Pere missing.  In Alabama it's Montgomery and Birmingham with a curious absence of Mobile on the bay.
'54 Manhattan
'54 Late Special
'51 Frazer sedan

HJ-ETEX

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2012, 09:25:25 PM »
Remember when you are viewing or compiling a Dealership List, the years are important. There were a lot of KF dealers in the first 2 or 3 years and a lot of these were "weeded" out since they were not much more than filling stations and could not move very many cars in a sales year. Those sort of dealerships were a problem that foreign imports had to deal with in the late 50's.
KFOCI VP 2001-2005
1951 Kaiser Deluxe /327 Chevy
1951 Kaiser Deluxe (no funny stuff)
1968 Kaiser Commando V6
1961 Willys 2WD 134 F-Head SW
1963 Kaiser FC170

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2012, 09:05:28 PM »
As I said earlier in this topic, my list has over 6,600 dealers identified in the USA, Canada and various points overseas.  It lists Kaiser-Frazer dealers, Willys-Overland dealers, dealers franchised under Kaiser-Willys for cars and jeeps plus Willys Motors dealers signed between 1955 and 1957.  Anyone who wants a copy of this list need only send me an email so I can reply.