Author Topic: Hot Rod Power Tour  (Read 944 times)

Terry T

• EX--Editor Darrin Newsletter/Registry
    • View Profile
    • Email
Hot Rod Power Tour
« on: August 10, 2012, 11:50:53 AM »
In the latest issue of Hot Rod, there is a pic of a Kaiser Dragon owned by Adam Karder (sic) in front of an old KF sign.

He quotes "If it could drive coss country when it was new in '53, why not now?"

I whole-hardly agree---get them off the trailer and drive 'em!!

pnw_oldmags

• Administrator
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
    • CircleKF Website
    • Email
Re: Hot Rod Power Tour
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2012, 12:02:58 PM »
Here in the PNW we think driving our Kaisers to the meets is half the fun.  We do travel in caravans as much as possible for safety.  But there is nothing quite as much of fun as pulling into a rest stop and hearing all the stories from complete strangers.  You know you are doing the right thing when the fingers you get on the freeway are thumbs up from passer bys.   8)
Jim Betts  LM6945
PNW Traveler Editor
CircleKF Webmaster
https://circlekf.com

Fid

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Hot Rod Power Tour
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2012, 12:38:34 PM »
Adam drives that Dragon everywhere. Good for him! You're right Jim B, a few years ago I drove a '51 Kaiser to a meet in Souix City, IA. I stopped in a small town to fill it with gas and when I went inside to pay a man got up from a table and came over to me and said "OK, you've got us all fighting so before this comes to blows, tell us what kind of car that is!"  When I told him it was a Kaiser another fellow at the table yelled "See, we were all wrong!"  I didn't hear their guesses but it was fun having that experience.
1953 Henry J Corsair Deluxe
Edgar Kaiser's custom 1951 Henry J
1951 Kaiser Special
1952 Allstate Deluxe

Need your classic car radio repaired? I repair vacuum tube radios