Author Topic: 47 Frazer Manhattan  (Read 2840 times)

woodman76

• View Profile
47 Frazer Manhattan
« on: June 20, 2012, 12:16:14 PM »
Hello all,
    Some of you may remember my father Roy Woodrum who was a member of the club from I believe 2003 until his death in 2007.  He had a 1947 frazer manhatten and next to his family it was his pride and joy.  I was lucky enough to be his car show companion and spent alot of time with him in that aspect.  We as a family are thinking of selling the car now because we don't have the time to do the things with it that dad would have wanted.  My question is this, do any of you know of someone who could come appraise the car?  We live in lebanon missouri so if anyone knows of someone in the mid missouri area that does this I would appreciate some contact information.  We have an idea of what the car might be worth but having an appraiser confirm or unconfirm would be a huge help.  My dad thought the world of this club and it's members and you all made his life alot brighter and I thank you for that.

Thank You
Chris Woodrum

Gordie

• MSN Messenger - gordies1@verizon.net
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Gordie
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: 47 Frazer Manhattan
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2012, 12:38:20 PM »
If you could post some pictures of the car the guys here could give you a pretty good idea of its value.
Member #3151 Since June 1974
Vice President K.F.O.C.I. 2013-2017  President 2018-2019
'47 Graham Paige Frazer                                   
'51 Kaiser Deluxe club coupe       
'51 Kaiser customized convertible 
'52 Allstate serial#39
'53 Aero Eagle
'54 Aero Eagle Custom

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2012, 01:45:06 PM »
If you follow GORDIE's advice, you will also need to provide a good description of mechanical and interior condition (rust out, does it run, etc, etc, etc).  Also remember that recent court cases involving appraisals and sales of old cars put a significant burden on anyone quoting a "what it might be worth" price on cars that have not been actually gone through by those coming up with figures if they are wrong.

Roadmaster49

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2012, 03:31:53 PM »
Chris
I am coming to Lexington MIssouri in 2 weeks but that's too far away to justify me coming down to look at your car. We have a member in the Joplin Missouri area that might be able to go look at it.

I think getting your ducks in a row is the most important issue. By that I mean, the car should be photgraphed with 40-50 high resolution photos to provide to prospective buyers. An appraisal in my opinion, is not worth much. 1st, a qualified appraiser would need to be paid upwards of $500 for fee and travel to come to Lebanon.  2nd, 47 Frazer Manhattans are not the bread and butter of the appraisal world, meaning a "general" appraiser would not have the adequate knowedge to compile an appraisal of assistance. 

I suspect the appraisal might be higher then real world sales performance would generate.

How about having it placed in the Monthly Bulletin and be ready to make photos and information available. That way the vehicle stays in the KF family.
No old cars owned.

woodman76

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2012, 12:09:11 AM »
Thank you all for the information.  I don't get a chance to get on here much so i apologize for the slow reply.  I will definately take some pics and go from there :)

Orphanauto

• View Profile
    • www.orphanauto.webs.com
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2012, 09:33:10 AM »
I live in Greenfield Mo. I am just over an hour from Lebanon, My studebaer truck was bought new in Lebanon. Anyway, I will be glad to look at it, and may be interested in it myself. I will be driving thru Lebanon today. Please call me at 417-350-5851, thanks, Ron..
1953 Kaiser Manhattan 4-door

Fid

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2012, 11:09:09 AM »
You will also want to include pictures of the data and VIN tags. On a '47 Frazer the data tag is under the hood on firewall and I believe the VIN Tag is between the driver's door hinges as it is on a 1948. Clear pictures of those two tags is very important on the sale of an old car these days as there are a lot of forgeries out there.
1953 Henry J Corsair Deluxe
Edgar Kaiser's custom 1951 Henry J
1951 Kaiser Special
1952 Allstate Deluxe

Need your classic car radio repaired? I repair vacuum tube radios