Author Topic: Under hood standards  (Read 42115 times)

Fid

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Under hood standards
« Reply #45 on: March 06, 2019, 08:51:41 PM »
Good news Gordie.  A few years ago, the club VP (Mr. Steele) and I put together a lot of information on the Henry J. Hopefully Mark still has it! If not, let me know and I'll be willing to contribute to pulling it all together again.
1953 Henry J Corsair Deluxe
Edgar Kaiser's custom 1951 Henry J
1951 Kaiser Special
1952 Allstate Deluxe

Need your classic car radio repaired? I repair vacuum tube radios

Gordie

• MSN Messenger - gordies1@verizon.net
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Gordie
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: March 06, 2019, 10:33:56 PM »
Thanks fid, I had emailed Mr Steel about it but never got an answer.  Your expertise on Henry J's would be a big help.
Member #3151 Since June 1974
Vice President K.F.O.C.I. 2013-2017  President 2018-2019
'47 Graham Paige Frazer                                   
'51 Kaiser Deluxe club coupe       
'51 Kaiser customized convertible 
'52 Allstate serial#39
'53 Aero Eagle
'54 Aero Eagle Custom

MarkH

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: March 07, 2019, 07:40:16 AM »
There are 2 very informative threads about engine colors & gloss from a year or 2 ago with firsthand info from joefrazer, aeroman & I that would be a good fit to move to this new category, as well as adding to official standards.
One is in the Darrin thread, the other is in the Willys thread.
Fully restored '54 Aero Lark
Rusty '58 Austin Healey 100-Six
Barely running'74 Chevelle Malibu

Terry T

• EX--Editor Darrin Newsletter/Registry
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Judging standards
« Reply #48 on: March 07, 2019, 09:49:50 AM »
Hey, guess what?  We now have a President, Chief judge and Historian who are all sticklers for authenticity on our cars and want these judging guidelines to get finished and printed and available to the members in the worst way.  If you still have remnants of judging guidelines that you worked on at one time please send them on to our club Historian.  Judging standards are being worked on as you read this and your help and information is needed.  Lets all pitch in and get this important job done.  This information will not disappear into the dust as it did in the past and we will all be happy when it it is finished.  In re reading through this entire thread there is much work already started and we can follow through and make things happen.  Everything in the new guidelines will be backed up with the source in which the information was found.

GORDY
WHO MAY I ASK BROUGHT THIS TO THE FOREFRONT AFTER HAVING BEEN IGNORED FOR THE PAST 10 YEARS WHEN I FIRST PUBLISHED "DETAILED" DARRIN STANDARDS?? 
LET NO GOOD DEAD GO UNPUNISHED.

G.B. (All Vinyl Dragon)

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #49 on: March 07, 2019, 11:36:12 AM »
This is Great News. A Good Historian would understand Original. The more You Know better You will Keep it that Way.

If You have a Driver not Original don’t Judge. Or put it in Modified.
Research on All Vinyl Dragons & Dragon List.
G.B. Bonham LM  K.F.O.C. Club.
Also: Vintage Electronics, TV, Stereo, Radio, & Broadcasting.
Looking for Kaye Halbert TV, 27 inch screen mid 50's
made in Culver City, Calif.

Gordie

• MSN Messenger - gordies1@verizon.net
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Gordie
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Judging standards
« Reply #50 on: March 07, 2019, 03:18:26 PM »
Hey, guess what?  We now have a President, Chief judge and Historian who are all sticklers for authenticity on our cars and want these judging guidelines to get finished and printed and available to the members in the worst way.  If you still have remnants of judging guidelines that you worked on at one time please send them on to our club Historian.  Judging standards are being worked on as you read this and your help and information is needed.  Lets all pitch in and get this important job done.  This information will not disappear into the dust as it did in the past and we will all be happy when it it is finished.  In re reading through this entire thread there is much work already started and we can follow through and make things happen.  Everything in the new guidelines will be backed up with the source in which the information was found.

GORDY
WHO MAY I ASK BROUGHT THIS TO THE FOREFRONT AFTER HAVING BEEN IGNORED FOR THE PAST 10 YEARS WHEN I FIRST PUBLISHED "DETAILED" DARRIN STANDARDS?? 
LET NO GOOD DEAD GO UNPUNISHED.

Terry,  Jack Mueller, Jim Betts and I have been working for a long time to get good guidelines in place and are working on them now.  Please send your Darrin Standards to Jack or me and we will get them included.
Member #3151 Since June 1974
Vice President K.F.O.C.I. 2013-2017  President 2018-2019
'47 Graham Paige Frazer                                   
'51 Kaiser Deluxe club coupe       
'51 Kaiser customized convertible 
'52 Allstate serial#39
'53 Aero Eagle
'54 Aero Eagle Custom

Cortes121

• 1951 Kaiser Deluxe
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: August 12, 2020, 10:58:39 PM »
Joe,

Is that specific to a certain brand?

If I could weigh in as a relatively newer member, and perhaps a bit younger than most other members - I think a comprehensive guide for what was original would be fantastic to those just joining the club, getting into owning these cars, or someone finally getting around to restoring their rust bucket. Now, I did not have the privilege of growing up with Kaisers cars on the road or having any direct nostalgia for them - my interest comes purely from that my grandfather owned a Frazer and I have a personal interest in 50’s cars, independent makes especially. So I haven’t a clue as to what my ‘51 should really look like detail wise unless I get that information here or from other club members cars. I feel that as we look toward future membership and hopefully new members, we should be able to help guide them to what these cars originally looked like in detail - this information is only going to get harder to find as time goes on, and I for one think it’s worth preserving. :)
- Anthony

1951 Kaiser Deluxe
1955 Packard Clipper Custom