Author Topic: WTB KF Project  (Read 1711 times)

Roadmaster49

• View Profile
    • Email
WTB KF Project
« on: June 30, 2011, 11:06:02 AM »
Looking to start seeing what is out there for KF projects. I am recently joined member who would like to comprise a collection of 2 KF's and I am pretty sure I know where one is that I want. All cards on the table but would prefer a 1949 or 1950 Frazer Manhattan. I am not a big fan of the early cars in project shape. My budget is small, maybe up to $1500 depending on condition. Note: I keep seeing cars I am interested in and JOE FRAZER keeps saying 'that's a $500 car at best' Ha! There you go ;D  That's me. I expect the cars to be non running or need work. Prefer minimal missing parts, floor rust expected (but not desired)  Prefer midwest location due to high cost of transport.  Not in a big hurry but kind of tough to be in an "owners club" and not own one of these cars (or two).  Contact me through my email at abc.moran@netzero.net  or call me at 515-520-2611   Thanks
No old cars owned.

joefrazer

• View Profile
Re: WTB KF Project
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2011, 01:10:47 PM »
This one sounds like a good buy for the money. The good thing is, parts for the 47/8 cars are plentiful and inexpensive. I think it would be worth following up on this car...

1947 FRAZER MANHATTAN – Exceptional restorable car.
Stored in a Kansas barn since Aug. 1966. 47,723 original
miles. 3 spd manual trans/OD. The car is complete with no
rust, all original. I started working on the brakes but they and
my mechanical ability got the best of me plus my wife wants
her garage back! I have new brake shoes and cyl kits. Email
pictures available. Asking $1800 OBO (the cost to transport it
to MI). Jim , jwharvey@comcast.net

Roadmaster49

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: WTB KF Project
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2011, 09:14:38 AM »
Thanks for the tip.  I have contacted the owner.   This is the best part of the old car hobby. People think you need to buy $75,000 convertibles and muscle cars to enjoy the hobby.
No old cars owned.