Author Topic: Tie rod  (Read 2381 times)

Robert Wadman

• View Profile
    • Email
Tie rod
« on: September 19, 2012, 09:51:39 AM »
I need a tie rod for the driver's side for my 1953 Kaiser Manhattan.

I recently joined the KF Club and the forum's assistance has been great. I found a new windshield and a starter motor which were reasonably priced and shipped in a timely manner.  The advice and recommendations from club members has been accurate and useful. I want to thank the club members for being so helpful.   Bob

Robert Wadman

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Tie rod
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2012, 07:02:24 PM »
The tie rod problem is not the tie rod ends.  The rod is broken.  I need to find a tie rod for a 1953 Kaiser Manhattan.  Thanks for the help.
Bob

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2012, 07:55:34 AM »
There are a number of parts sources in the club who do not use the Forum or Facebook areas.  I try not to mention names because I am afraid I will accidently leave someone out.  Check the PARTS FOR SALE area of the Bulletin & also run an ad in the WANTED section of that publication.  Ads are free to members.

Robert Wadman

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2012, 07:49:54 AM »
Thanks, As a new club member, I didn't realize the club had the other sources you identified.  I will follow up.  Thanks again.  Bob

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2012, 09:26:40 AM »
Did you get your New Member Packet?  Mike Neubecker sends it out (I think it's Mike) with a couple recent bulletins and a KFOCI HANDBOOK CD.  All members getting publications (the $35.00 annual USA members and the Life Members get publications; $5.00 a year Associate members do not).

kaiserkid

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2012, 05:35:24 PM »
Speaking of the new member packets with a Handbook CD, I never recieved one when I joined 2 years ago. When will I recieve mine? Maybe when I renew my subscription for my 3rd year?

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2012, 06:17:53 AM »
You have to talk to the right person to find out what is going on.  Talk to Mike Neubecker, not Barbara, not myself and not Jim Betts.   Who did you contact previously and when about not getting something?