Author Topic: Monthly President's Message  (Read 59047 times)

Logan

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Monthly President's Message
« Reply #150 on: February 28, 2016, 10:27:13 AM »
Love the two '51 Frazer convertibles next to each other!

Henry's HenryJs

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #151 on: February 28, 2016, 07:42:52 PM »
It was great to meet a few of the members there. Loved George's HJ wagon.
2-51 HenryJ's, 57 wagon 408"BB with 14' Bonair travel trailer,71 Nova 355"SB, 07 2500HD with 26.5 Prowler 5th wheel travel trailer, CDN coordinator for ChevyTalk
http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=h

Corsairdeluxe

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #152 on: February 29, 2016, 10:14:06 AM »
A great meet! 109 at the final meal.Beautiful KF cars,Perfect weather. One to remember!
Does any one know the donor of the roof section of the Henry J station wagon? It looks like a 51 Chevy.
Jim Brown aka Corsairdeluxe
10 Henrys and 1 ALLSTATE
behind me. J less at the moment and having irrational thoughts.

Henry's HenryJs

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #153 on: February 29, 2016, 07:14:17 PM »
The owner, George told me feels it is from an early 50's ford wagon.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 06:43:49 PM by Henry's HenryJs »
2-51 HenryJ's, 57 wagon 408"BB with 14' Bonair travel trailer,71 Nova 355"SB, 07 2500HD with 26.5 Prowler 5th wheel travel trailer, CDN coordinator for ChevyTalk
http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=h

joefrazer

• View Profile
« Reply #154 on: February 29, 2016, 08:28:39 PM »
The rear upper hatch on the J came from a 53 Ford and the tail lights are Packard. I crawled under the car when it was at the national meet and under the rear HJ bumper is a 38 Ford unit. Not sure why the builder put one on top of the other, but there it is.

The build quality of the car is quite good. The existing HJ floor pan was used and they built the rear section up from it.

Gary C

• Member since 1967
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #155 on: March 17, 2016, 06:06:16 PM »
A side note.  Was just reading a few old Pres messages.  What happened to the ides from Feb 2014 to start profiling members in the newsletter?  Sound like a great idea to me.

joefrazer

• View Profile
« Reply #156 on: March 18, 2016, 04:19:13 PM »
About member profiles, space issues in the monthly bulletin meant they would only be printed when room was available. So, once the new club website is in place and we have the members only section up and running, the plan is to house the stories online for our members to read.

So, the idea has not been forgotten!

joefrazer

• View Profile
« Reply #157 on: March 26, 2016, 08:42:52 AM »
I have been informed that the latest edition of the Quarterly as well as the roster are being mailed. Look for them in your mailbox soon!

joefrazer

• View Profile
« Reply #158 on: March 31, 2016, 07:39:07 PM »
Spring has sprung and the flowers are growing! That means its time to get your KF out of the garage and ready for car show season. I'm working to have my Darrin ready for the national meet - if it does make it to the show, it'll be there in barn-find condition. So far, I've rebuilt the fuel sending unit, water pump, fuel pump, had the gas tank relined, the radiator flushed and the brakes are in the middle of a rebuild. Oh, and I have new tires waiting for the freshly painted rims to dry. I'm also refreshing the generator and starter as well. Did I mention the needed bodywork after a meeting with a deer in 1974? Looks like I'm going to be busy!

I mention this because I'd like to see everyone, including all of you lurkers, attend a KF meet this summer. There's the spring Midwest meet where we'll gather with the Willys folks in Effingham, IL, and later in the summer our convention will be in Springfield, IL. In between there are meets in New Jersey, Maryland, Washington, and California so it looks like we have both coasts, as well as the center of the country covered!

The club is the sum of its members and it's only as successful as you want it to be. Attend a meet and support the club and your meet hosts. You will be glad you did.

Bulletin Editor

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #159 on: April 10, 2016, 04:45:11 PM »
About member profiles, space issues in the monthly bulletin meant they would only be printed when room was available.

And only when submitted in the proper format (Word doc, not PDF).
Barbara Mueller
1952 Henry J Corsair deLuxe
KFOCI Secretary  secretary@kfclub.com
Bulletin Editor  bulletin@kfclub.com

joefrazer

• View Profile
« Reply #160 on: June 11, 2016, 08:44:50 AM »
With just a month until our national convention, I thought I'd post a brief plug for the meet. I heard from one of the hosts and have been told there are about 150 members registered so far and about 50 cars promised. This is shaping up to be a great meet so plan now to attend - even if only for a day or two. You will be glad you did!

Logan

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #161 on: June 11, 2016, 04:47:02 PM »
I will be driving through on a road trip, unfortunately the week after it ends!  I am very sad about this.  I made the last one in Gettysburg and it was good.

joefrazer

• View Profile
« Reply #162 on: June 30, 2016, 08:19:04 PM »
With just little over a week until we meet for the 58th annual convention of the Kaiser-Frazer Owner's Club, I would like to again encourage anyone interested to attend the meet - even if for only a day. Any KF meet is always a great event, but our national convention always bring cars out that are seldom seen, as well as vendors with those hard to find goodies. At least year's meet I found an NOS package shelf for my 54 Henry J - an item considered unobtainium. I know we'll have many vendors attending with rare items - and I'm even planning to bring a few boxes of goodies to sell.

So again, if you're still undecided I hope this helps sway your decision to attend!

See you in Springfield!

joefrazer

• View Profile
« Reply #163 on: July 08, 2016, 10:17:18 PM »
I have already heard from several members who are on their way to the convention. Your club secretary and I will be leaving on Saturday morning, with a stop in South Bend, IN to check out the Cubs minor league team as they play the team from Bowling Green. We hope to arrive in Springfield on Sunday afternoon. I'm bringing a stack of NOS door panels to sell, most fit the early cars, but I think there's an NOS Aero panel or two in the mix as well. I also have other odds and ends that includes a supercharger. Hope to see you there!

joefrazer

• View Profile
« Reply #164 on: August 31, 2016, 07:24:39 PM »
It's been a while since my last post so I thought I'd catch up. If you didn't attend the convention, you missed a great meet. Somewhere near 50 cars and quite a few parts vendors kept the car folks happy, while for those with other ideas, everything related to Abe Lincoln and Route 66 was just a few minutes away. Nearly 200 members and their guests enjoyed a busy week!

Once back from the convention, I got back into working on both the Darrin and Henry J. While the interior in the HJ was brand new, it didn't fit well - the door panel slots for the retainer clips were miscut so I had to recut each one and test fit as I went. I finally have the panels in place and next up is the headliner. We'll see how that goes!

I recently bought a three acre parcel near my current home and with the lot came two large buildings. I'm working now to get them ready for the influx of Kaisers and parts. I have my work cut out for me...