Author Topic: Anyone know where to buy the door trim metal fasteners for a Kaiser please?  (Read 1043 times)

kingsgate

• View Profile
I just got new door trims made up because mine were ruined by damp and were just falling apart. When I took them off I noticed about half of the metal fasteners were either missing, or snapped on removal. Can I buy a set of these somewhere anyone know? I have looked on Ebay for door card fasteners but they are all the plastic type used on new cars.

Any suggestions gratefully received!

Giles

54manhattan13

• View Profile
Giles,

I re did the door panels on my 54 Manhattan and used industrial strength Velcro I purchased on eBay.
The reupholsterer recomended using screws but I didn't want the screw heads to show,
The Velcro has held firm for almost two years now.
I believe the metal clips are available from Restoration Specialities. I found it very difficult to line the clips up with the holes in the door.
The Velcro strips come with adhesive applied so all I did was place them where needed.

Marvin
« Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 05:40:05 PM by 54manhattan13 »

Fid

• View Profile
    • Email
1953 Henry J Corsair Deluxe
Edgar Kaiser's custom 1951 Henry J
1951 Kaiser Special
1952 Allstate Deluxe

Need your classic car radio repaired? I repair vacuum tube radios

darrin145

• View Profile
    • Email
Restoration Specialties does have them, Advance Auto (used to be CarQuest) shows them in the Au-ve-co line and even NAPA shows them in their body hardware catalog. Any good paint/body supply store should have them or be able to "order" them for you.

Gary.

Bob L.

• View Profile
    • Email
Found original style local Napa and Fastenal stores.  5 per bag at Napa.  Fastenal was able to supply boxes of 25.

Bob L.