Author Topic: 1952 Henry J press kit  (Read 1697 times)

Gordie

• MSN Messenger - gordies1@verizon.net
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Gordie
    • View Profile
    • Email
1952 Henry J press kit
« on: May 03, 2010, 09:18:04 PM »
Hi,  I just got one of these and I wonder if I received everything that is supposed to be in it.  The cover says Advertising, Photographs and News Stories  It contains three factory photos of the new Henry J with a six line description on the bottom of each photo plus this kit contained a '51 and '52 sales folder plus a full line sales folder for 1952.  Do your press kits have any other items?  I also received a '52 Manhattan press kit and it included several mimeographed sheets of specs.  I wondered if the Henry J kit should have more info also?  Thanks
Member #3151 Since June 1974
Vice President K.F.O.C.I. 2013-2017  President 2018-2019
'47 Graham Paige Frazer                                   
'51 Kaiser Deluxe club coupe       
'51 Kaiser customized convertible 
'52 Allstate serial#39
'53 Aero Eagle
'54 Aero Eagle Custom

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: 1952 Henry J press kit
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2010, 05:17:52 AM »
Press kit contents varied based on function.  Normally they came out at the start of the model year, going to wire services, newspapers and (sometimes) radio and TV stations).  They contained varying numbers of photos (depending on what was new that year and what models were offered) along with a few press releases highlighting the features and models.  Having brochures in them was not normally done and a prior model year would not be included at all.  To illustrate, I have 2 different versions of the 1946 release announcing the 1947 model year cars and the Rototiller.  Version one is the package that went out in January of 1946, with Version two being the one that went out to West Coast news organizations and dealers to tie in with the first showings of production Kaiser and Frazer cars in the Los Angeles and San Francisco areas (Mine is an SF version as it talks about introduction of the cars in the Bay Area).  The SF version shows only the K-100 Special and there are no items pertaining to the K-85.

When kits were released at major auto shows (Detroit, Chicago, NYC, etc) there would usually be at least one press release talking about anything special being introduced or shown at the K-F display.    I don't know of any 'master list' as to what was in a kit at any given point other than to go through survivors and compare contents. 

I have the 2 initial kits, a handout package for dealers at the 1948 Spring Driveaway and the press kit for the Kaiser-Darrin, 1953 edition.  I have press releases and photos loose from others.

Gordie

• MSN Messenger - gordies1@verizon.net
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Gordie
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: 1952 Henry J press kit
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2010, 11:24:01 AM »
Thanks, I have those earlier press kits too but wondered what specifically was included in the '52 Henry J press kit.  Does anyone have a complete one? 
Member #3151 Since June 1974
Vice President K.F.O.C.I. 2013-2017  President 2018-2019
'47 Graham Paige Frazer                                   
'51 Kaiser Deluxe club coupe       
'51 Kaiser customized convertible 
'52 Allstate serial#39
'53 Aero Eagle
'54 Aero Eagle Custom