Author Topic: 54 wiper wiring  (Read 1381 times)

Barnum

• View Profile
    • Email
54 wiper wiring
« on: October 13, 2010, 04:23:05 PM »
Can anyone help me out with the wiper wiring ? There are three wires going to the switch, one appears to be redish...the other two seem to be the same color. I got a replacement motor,must of been off an earlier car as the wires aren't long enough to reach the switch.(still have connecters) The redish one appears to be the on/ off at the switch...not sure on the others...thanks
1968 Buick Skylark Convertible
1954 Aero Eagle
Taylor Brugman

joefrazer

• View Profile
Re: 54 wiper wiring
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2010, 04:33:14 PM »
There should be three posts on the wiper switch. On the switch, there should be a post with a wire attached to it (this comes from the ignition switch). Connect the green wire to the same post. The post next to it takes the blue wire and the red one attaches to the last.

Barnum

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2010, 04:42:34 PM »
Thanks Joe!!....I'll have to see if I can get some color to appear on the two in question. But this also leads me to wonder if it is just a bad ground as the switch seems to be working properly and the wipers haven't been used in at least 20 years :)
1954 Aero Eagle
Taylor Brugman

Barnum

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2010, 07:00:32 PM »
Well it turned out to be a bad ground....would not have figured that out  without you help...Thanks again Joe....so it looks like I have a spare working wiper motor.
1954 Aero Eagle
Taylor Brugman