Author Topic: NEED HELP PLEASE ON A HENRY J  (Read 2332 times)

seans

• View Profile
    • Email
NEED HELP PLEASE ON A HENRY J
« on: June 19, 2012, 11:14:53 PM »
hello due to someone passing in my family i ended up with this henry j car i need to sell it to help other family members financialy i have no idea on the value or much about the car i read this forum last night and noticed you guys know alot about them.so about 14 years ago it was mint condition ran and drove.owner was very proud of it and part of the kaiser club in washington state.its been sitting in a garage looks like someone took the upper radiator hose.battery is dead so i dont know if it runs and drives.i am in washington state i am going to attach a picture of the door VIN and of the car .please let me know your opinion on what its worth.  i know its hard to tell from a picture so just low ball or assume rough condition not running.thank you and apreciate any and all help thanks

seans

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: NEED HELP PLEASE ON A HENRY J
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2012, 11:17:40 PM »
mor pictures thank you

Fid

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2012, 12:02:40 AM »
Hi - the car is a 1953 Corsair which means it would have a 4 cylinder engine in it, assuming it has the original engine. I would caution the use of the term "mint condition" as few old cars are. This one has been modified as the front bumper gaurds and hood ornament are not factory issue. The reflectors on the ends were added on later as well. Also the paint on the grill is not how it would've been originally.  There are some people who don't care about originality but some who do so it's best to be honest as word gets around fast on the internet. As far as what it's worth, that's a tough one. Two of these went unsold on ebay recently -
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/?cmd=ViewItem&_trksid=p5197.c0.m619&item=221049352302
The above car is a Corsair Deluxe, which is the six cylinder model with more trim. This is the second time around on ebay for this one.
This one is a '52 Deluxe and it's gone unsold several times too -
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110898092153&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649
Here is another '53 four cylinder which seems pretty original, which went unsold recently with an asking price around $9000. 
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/300714010838?ru=http%3A%2F%2Fmotors.shop.ebay.com%3A80%2Fi.html%3F_from%3DR40%26_trksid%3Dm570.l2736%26_nkw%3D300714010838%26_fvi%3D1&_rdc=1
Regarding the above car, the ad claims the interior is all original but it can't be. The photos indicate that the windlace goes over the rear windows which was never the case on the Henry J. Evidence it had upholstery work done.  It's not a bad car by any means. In any case,
it's hard to put a value on one.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2016, 10:41:33 AM by Fid »
1953 Henry J Corsair Deluxe
Edgar Kaiser's custom 1951 Henry J
1951 Kaiser Special
1952 Allstate Deluxe

Need your classic car radio repaired? I repair vacuum tube radios

seans

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2012, 02:06:11 AM »
thank you for the quick reply.when i said mint that was 14 years ago the last time i seen the car.so would you think it worth maybe 4, or 5,000 since the ones on ebay did not sell and my opinion they are nicer vehicles,is there even a sellers market in washington state for these cars that you know of.thank you

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2012, 05:05:51 AM »
PNWMAGS on this forum is from the Pacific Northwest area (Washington/Oregon) area and would be better situated to talk about marketing the car in your area.  Also, any chance of pictures showing-
  - back of car
 - engine compartment
 - back seat area of the interior

Is there rust out in the floor?  If so, how bad?

You can also contact Barbara Mueller, editor of the KFOCI MONTHLY BULLETIN about getting an ad in the club's monthly publication.  Her email address is on the club website also.

pnw_oldmags

• Administrator
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
    • CircleKF Website
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2012, 08:48:36 AM »
Hi,  I would be more than happy to help you list your car in the PNW Traveler ... with photos if you like.  We are having the Fall Meet in Redmond, Oregon in Sept where you could show it to 40 or 50 K-F lovers.  Let me know if you wish my assistance.  Travel On, Jim
Jim Betts  LM6945
PNW Traveler Editor
CircleKF Webmaster
https://circlekf.com

seans

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2012, 08:24:40 PM »
thank you for all your help.i am just going to list it on craigslist i got to sell it asap was trying to get a idea what its worth.so not sure were to start .if anyone is interested let me know and come look at it thank you for all the help