Author Topic: Kaiser Frazer newby  (Read 5710 times)

Datmungo

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Kaiser Frazer newby
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2013, 03:37:56 PM »
Thanks everyone, you're all a lot of help.

I found a little switch under the dash, anyone know what its for?

Fid

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2013, 04:21:58 PM »
That's to turn the dash lights on and off.  See this thread -
http://kfclub.com/forum/index.php/topic,4455.msg19784.html#msg19784
1953 Henry J Corsair Deluxe
Edgar Kaiser's custom 1951 Henry J
1951 Kaiser Special
1952 Allstate Deluxe

Need your classic car radio repaired? I repair vacuum tube radios

retired wrench

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2013, 08:43:55 AM »

I know you are 18 but dont start hot rodding a classic. If you keep it stock it will increase in value over the years. If you start chopping on it you will end up with a pile of parts.

Logan

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2013, 10:58:48 AM »
Well, I agree with that sentiment, and would not personally hot rod this car.  BUT, since it is YOURS, you should feel completely free to do whatever you want to it, and I have seen some very nice hot rods that might have otherwise gone to the junkyard.  That said, though, these cars are really fun to drive just as they came from the factory--it's quite a different sensation from modern cars, as you know, especially if you keep the bias-ply tires on them, as I do.  And keeping the mechanical fuel pump (only) is also, let's say, "fun," with modern gasolines.  But there are places you can still get ethanol-free fuel, and you can look them up on this website http://pure-gas.org/.

Good luck with this project, and welcome to our group of KF enthusiasts, and welcome to the club if you have joined (if you haven't, I HIGHLY recommend it).

Datmungo

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2013, 12:12:15 PM »
Oh i wasn't planning on chopping it or anything, just airbags or lowering it was the most i would do to it. That idea was shot down by all of you and, a nail put in the coffin when i talked to the previous owner about his lowered frazer, who said the ride was terrible. So thanks again. Its a really fun car to drive, completely anolog. Unlike driving my moms audi which makes you feel like you're part of the computer running it.  :o

As for the ethonol free gas, i live in ultra liberal california, so the nearest ethonol free station is 350 miles away, but we run it in our 39 Cadillac series 60 special limousine.  we make ethonol free gas at home, its pretty simple chemistry.

And i have decided to paint it OG colors, so you all can breathe a sigh of relief.

Carolina Fan

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2013, 10:36:25 AM »
I would like to join the voices hoping you don't change your car.  They are getting rarer almost every day and yours sounds like it's in fairly decent shape.  My son found a 1959 De Soto when he was 17 and kept it stock.  He is now 31 , still has the car and is so glad he kept it original. 

Everyone sees modern and modified rides all over the place.  You have made a great find and  now have the chance to enjoy driving a car from the days when they had a "personality".  I do hope you will restore your car.  I think you'll be glad you did in the long run. 

Be sure also to join the K-F club.  You 'll find a great group of knowledgeable people who are more than willing to help.  It is a very active club with: gatherings, meets, cruises and MORE!

Take the road less traveled by!  GOOD LUCK!
Tom N. #6539
« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 07:49:12 PM by Carolina Fan »